IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Brake Feel Concerns?

For anyone who is looking to spend a little extra on their stereo they can look overseas for the answer. I was looking at the Alpine of Japan website and they have really cool double DIN sized stereos that have a lot of options and they would fit perfectly in the car. I am just not sure of a way to order them. I guess that the other stereo companies would also have the same type of stereos in Japan so there is probably a lot out there. So if there is anyone who has any stereo contacts that can get these at resonable prices then I think the Japanese version of these stereos would be perfect for the STi.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems on the Alpine website that they are in normal AM/FM band. Unless the other brands are different or the AM/FM band is different. If the stereos did work they would fit perfect and look great, but if they had no working radio band I guess you are right they would be useless.

·
Registered
146 Posts
a bit confused

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on this. I thought that in Japan they used even number radio frequencies. Like 99.8, etc. In NA we use odd frequencies, 99.7. I though this is what made them incompatible. I might be thinking of Europe or something but that's what I though I had read. :-?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Is the front modeled after the R34 Skyline?

can you put a regular height stereo (single din? :)) in the car? how do you cover up the empty space? are most people going to go with a double din? the double dins i've seen are pretty garish. then again, i'm one who thinks NAD makes the best looking home audio equip. :)

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Decent Profit

You can use a single DIN unit, but you have to get an adapter kit. Be careful b/c there are a lot of nasty kits out there. I'm probably going with a single DIN unit b/c I'm with you double-DIN are a little too flashy for me.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
seats

okay. thanks for that heads-up about kits. i've had good luck with crutchfield in the past. i'm inclined to use them again. but i'll also ping the impreza forum to see what others have done.

·
Registered
575 Posts
they have the (little compartment pocket u put in it, and u dont need any adapter, this is the way i have my 98 RS set up) I will move my stereo over so im supah happy about not getting a stereo from subaru :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
they have the (little compartment pocket u put in it, and u dont need any adapter, this is the way i have my 98 RS set up) I will move my stereo over so im supah happy about not getting a stereo from subaru :)

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I like your idea CloneGTS. I think I am going to do something similar I think.

What is the most important gauge reading on a turbo car? I would imagine the boost pressure. If so, I think I want boost pressure on the a-column though and have something fill its place in the cluster underneath the single din stereo.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
lateral accel guess?!

alfredob1 said:
Deutsches Institut für Normung e.V. (German Institute for Standardization; similar to US ANSI)
Yikes! I thought it was something simple like Dash Installed Number...no wonder you guys call it DIN :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts