IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is behind the radio cover? Do I need a pigtail to hook up to the factory wiring harness? Thanks! :lol:

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
dude, i would have replied but i dont know crap about sterios :D sorry.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I seem to recall some people who purchased a deck from Crutchfields also got a wire harness adaptor of some kind as well to connect to the existing wiring.

The plastic frame around the radio spot just pulls off. Your best answer may just be to look for yourself.

-Lance

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, the STi is wired for sound. Crutchfield has a mating connector for the head unit so there's no cutting wires involved. The bracket that the cover plate is screwed to has holes to fit a standard DIN head unit. Wiring is in the doors for the speakers too. The only thing they left out is the plastic nut plates that the speaker screws go into in the door panels. The Subaru part number for those is 84965AA060 (Screw Grommet). You need 5 per front door and 3 for each rear door.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Andys - you don't happen to have a picture of these "plastic nut plates", do you? *chuckles* I assume they just hold the screws in place, right?

I'm just about to take the door panels off and install some speakers so the info would be useful. Thx

·
Registered
146 Posts
slashSTI, the holes in the door are square about 1/4 of an inch. The grommet will fill this hole and allow you to use a screw. I didn't have these so I got some nuts bolts from HD and just used some nylon washers to hold the speakers to the door. No big deal since you have to use adapters anyway. Use the grommets if you can as it it very hard to get your hand behind the door panel where the tweeters go. I would think you can get them from a dealer.

TweetyBird, there are many many threads about this topic on the internet, on this site and several others. Try doing a little searching before asking very general questions. That's why you got little response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts