IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
TXS HPBC Install Review Good-Bad Serious Questions HELP ASAP

Jesus.. how much does that sub weigh? 50 lbs??

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nice install. Is that a single 10" or a single 12"? The box is a little big for me personally. :)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
AZ: JDM sti parts like new for sale. VF30, uppipe, etc

amdmaxx said:
ye, looks like u killed the usable trunk space..
Somewhat but if you notice he has the sub wired up with plugs for quick disconnection and the sub is not permanently mounted. I did the same thing so I can quickly and easily remove my sub box if needed. Only difference, I used a bunch of velcro instead of the sort of frame he did for securing the sub box.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is correct, that was a temporary frame we built. he messed up on following the contours of the car inside, now I have built a new one with a sweet frame that the sub woofer just drops into.

Attachments

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Hmmm. . . that's about the same route I plan to take. . . mounting the amps on a re-enforcing sheet of plywood (or something lighter/stronger) behind the back seat. And the sub off to the side. . . probably a custom fiberglass enclosure. . . lightweight, airtight, and easily moved.

My only concern is for mounting amps a capacitor(s) on the backseat. . . will we lose space for rear upper strut brace and corresponding V-brace? I really want to keep enough space for that. I'm hoping once I pick up the STi that I can measure things out and see that the stuff will fit nicely between the seatback and the bars (once installed).

8)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VIN Info

that is true but what can be done is to pull the whole board out and mount the strut bar behind the amp rack... which is what I will do if I install a strut brace.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts