IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find a spacer for my steering wheel to move it a bit closer to me. This way I could stretch out my legs a bit more ans still maintain a proper seating position. Any else done this? Is there a product that already facilitates this?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I modified my wheel by using a hole saw, (don't remember what size) that was the same diameter as pipe from a muffler shop. Useing a drill press I drilled out the mounting hole, then fitted a 3 1/2 inch length of exhaust pipe crimped onto cut out mounting hole and tightly fitted into removed section of wheel. Then I pinned it all together (epoxy glued for extra insurance) with 4 pins forced fit at each end. I used brake line to extend the 2 holes that keep the wiring spool lined up. Then I made a cover over the extension out of plastic and covered with some vinyl that matches the grey dash area.
I know this may sound extreme, but I have been driving with this mod since 2006 with no problems ( I like to fabricate things).
If any one is interested I will make some time to R&R my wheel and take some photos in the near future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts