IW STi Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have a wax 2016, and it does not have a single rattle, but again its a different system all together, electric I believe.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
you mentoined the 18" being less stiff. That is interesting... I was not aware they used different suspension?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh yes. I know that it was advertised as softer, which is why I got the 18 STI and I can say for a fact that after the model year 2018 the STI became softer. I also know that they tweaked the DCCD and the steering and I wonder if these rattles are somehow associated with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone get to the bottom of this problem, I’ve been battling it for a while and Subaru has taken the stance that it’s ‘rack rattle’ and normal due to lack of bushings in steering column... just wondering if anyone has come to a better resolution

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not solved mine. During the summer I am going to get under the car and see if any of the bushings might be cracked and replace them. I am not surprised that you are told it is normal. My dealership (super nice guys), offered to replaced the steering pump, but I HIGHLY doubt it is the pump.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts