IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 653 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: Weds Rims/Suspension/Bushings/Mounts on the

Congrats on the baby Alex! I second the vote for the HT Auto Diffuser for the sedans, it looks really good! Love how your progressing with the car so far. Everything if very tasteful and complementary to each other ;)
Thank you boss! IWSTI community feedback means a lot to me. Good to know that my taste in mods has not been horrible :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: Weds Rims/Suspension/Bushings/Mounts on the

Why thank you sir :D

The more I think about the diffuser, the more me thinks I am going to get it, along with the front lip.

Thinking about the exhaust trim pieces as well, although it is difficult to tell from pictures the impact they have on the whole look:

Image Link

Does it look best with Diffuser alone, or with the exhaust trim? Decisions decisions...

I say go with carbon exhaust trims and if you find someone that can paint or hydro dip the diffuser it will turn out good.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

So I finally got the HT Auto front sport grill attached.

What an ordeal.

The problem was the mesh; it basically has to be cut to fit the hole in the frame almost perfectly. Attached it using epoxy, and then black silicone to make sure the adhesion was flexible, and wouldn't be too brittle as the epoxy alone would have left it.

Wrapped it in Xpel Ultimate to make sure the thing never chips, and looks pristine as long as possible.

I don't know why, but I feel something is missing. Here are some pics, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: HT Auto front sport grill

hmm, doesn't look bad! Ever thought about putting the STI logo back on the new grill? I feel like that may help the 'missing' part :p

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

hmm, doesn't look bad! Ever thought about putting the STI logo back on the new grill? I feel like that may help the 'missing' part :p
Yea I ordered the STI mesh ornament; will slap it on there next week. Might also do the red pinstripe again.

STI logo.

And front lip :)

Looks great man!
STI logo most definitely. And yea, i agree on the front lip. Putting together something to help me decide. There are a lot of front lips out there.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)

Got my fenders rolled today in preparation for the new rims/tires/suspension stuff happening on April 21rst. This guy was a real pro; thank you SImon for recommending him. Cost me $80, had to drive a good distance, but I'm used to that already having to drive to Lachute Performance to get anything done to my ride.

The job was done at:

Garage Andre Perreault & Fils
1214 rue de Lanaudiere, Joliette

By Dave, a real class act. Here is a clip of him doing the job; had an impressive precision rolling tool, no paint cracking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg0ojKWi9Ro&feature=youtu.be

After the fender was rolled:

·
Registered
572 Posts

Car's coming alone nicely! The push button start and the steering wheel look fantastic.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

Car's coming alone nicely! The push button start and the steering wheel look fantastic.
Thnx! Absolutely love the damd wheel, and highly recommend the push start. Still a couple things to adjust, should be 100% after the rear antenna is checked and the factory alarm tweaked, but even now i love the keyless aspect, remote start and push start button.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)

These are some notes I have made so far into my lip/skirt/diffuser research. Thought I would throw what I have on the forums for reference/opinion.

So many lips, so little time. Am trying to decide which way to go, and the way I see it there are 2 themes in regards to the whole front lip, side skirt, rear diffuser situation:

Option 1: carbon fiber all around.

Front lip:

-Bayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi CS Type-1 Front Lip (Carbon Fiber) $299.99

-Rexpeed STI GRB V-Style Carbon Fiber Splitter USD $360

-BlackTop Aero Carbon Fiber Front Lip Type VR for 11-14 WRX & STi $362.00

Side Skirts:

-Bayson R motorsports 08-12 Subaru Impreza STi CS Style Bottom Line Side Skirts (Carbon)$279.99

-BlackTop Aero Carbon Fiber Side Skirts for 08-14 STi & 11-14 WRX $361.00

Heat Shields:

-HTA - Subaru Exhaust Heat Shields - Carbon ( WRX 11-14 / STi 11/ 14 Sedan) $119.99

Rear diffuser:

-HTA - WRX, STi Sedan 11+ Full Rear Diffuser $339.99 (would have to hydro dip for carbon fiber)

-Oprion 2: Non carbon fiber pieces/probably painted OBP to match

Front lip:

-Bayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi V-Limited Style Front Lip (Urethane) $124.99

-Bayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi CS Type-1 Front Lip (Urethane)
$149.99

-STI OEM Subaru E2410FG140 Lip Spoiler, Front $318.10

-HTA - Subaru WRX/STi Front Lip (STi 11-14 / WRX 11-14) $249.99 (poly urethane)

-JNA C-Style 2011-2014 WRX & STI Polyurethane Extremely Durable, and Highest Quality Lip $119.99

-HPT CS Style Polyurethane Front Lip for 11-14 WRX & STi $179.00

-HPT VS Style Polyurethane Front Lip for 11-14 WRX & STi $179.00

Side Skirts:

-Bayson R motorsports 08-13 Subaru Impreza STi S206 Style Bottom Line Side Skirts (Polyurethane) with "STi" Emblems $199.99

-HTA - Subaru Side Skirt Extensions (WRX 08-14 / STi 08-14) $259.99

-Duraflex - C-Speed Side Skirt (STi 08-14 / WRX 11-14) $219.99

-HPT CS Style Polyurethane Side Skirts for 11-14 WRX & 08-14 STi $224.00

Rear Lips:

-HTA - Subaru Rear Bumper Lip (WRX / STi 11-14 Sedan) $109.99

-Bayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru WRX STi 4dr Sedan A-Style Add-On Rear Lip (Polyurethane)

Rear Diffuser:

-HTA - WRX, STi Sedan 11+ Full Rear Diffuser $339.99
(to be honest, every other diffuser I have seen just does not look like something I want to see on my car)

:type::type::type::type::type::type::type:

Notes:

The nicest lip in the under $500 price range has got to be the Rexpeed carbon fiber lip.
The Bayson R CF lip is also quite nice. The carbon fiber all around would probably be
gorgeous. I am, however, hesitant since cf pieces are more rigid, and therefore more
likely to break.

The urethane front lip situation presents many options. The HT auto full kit would make
the most sense; but I have had a hard time finding a lot of reviews on the quality of all
the HT auto pieces.

The most sturdy/reliable lip has got to be the STI OEM lip spoiler, with the JNA C-style
lip looking almost identical, at a much better price. The opinion seems to be that the
OEM piece is worth the extra cash.

Still more research to do before I make a decision.

·
Registered
806 Posts

These are some notes I have made so far into my lip/skirt/diffuser research. Thought I would throw what I have on the forums for reference/opinion.

So many lips, so little time. Am trying to decide which way to go, and the way I see it there are 2 themes in regards to the whole front lip, side skirt, rear diffuser situation:

Option 1: carbon fiber all around.

Front lip:

-Brayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi CS Type-1 Front Lip (Carbon Fiber) $299.99

-Rexpeed STI GRB V-Style Carbon Fiber Splitter USD $360

Side Skirts:

-Brayson R motorsports 08-12 Subaru Impreza STi CS Style Bottom Line Side Skirts (Carbon)$279.99

Heat Shields:

-HTA - Subaru Exhaust Heat Shields - Carbon ( WRX 11-14 / STi 11/ 14 Sedan) $119.99

Rear diffuser:

-HTA - WRX, STi Sedan 11+ Full Rear Diffuser $339.99 (would have to hydro dip for carbon fiber)

-Oprion 2: Non carbon fiber pieces/probably painted OBP to match

Front lip:

-Brayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi V-Limited Style Front Lip (Urethane) $124.99

-Brayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi CS Type-1 Front Lip (Urethane)
$149.99

-STI OEM Subaru E2410FG140 Lip Spoiler, Front $318.10

-HTA - Subaru WRX/STi Front Lip (STi 11-14 / WRX 11-14) $249.99 (poly urethane)

-JNA C-Style 2011-2014 WRX & STI Polyurethane Extremely Durable, and Highest Quality Lip $119.99

Side Skirts:

-Brayson R motorsports 08-13 Subaru Impreza STi S206 Style Bottom Line Side Skirts (Polyurethane) with "STi" Emblems $199.99

-HTA - Subaru Side Skirt Extensions (WRX 08-14 / STi 08-14) $259.99

-Duraflex - C-Speed Side Skirt (STi 08-14 / WRX 11-14) $219.99

Rear Lips:

-HTA - Subaru Rear Bumper Lip (WRX / STi 11-14 Sedan) $109.99

-Brayson R motorsports 11-13 Subaru WRX STi 4dr Sedan A-Style Add-On Rear Lip (Polyurethane)

Rear Diffuser:

-HTA - WRX, STi Sedan 11+ Full Rear Diffuser $339.99
(to be honest, every other diffuser I have seen just does not look like something I want to see on my car)

:type::type::type::type::type::type::type:

Notes:

The nicest lip in the under $500 price range has got to be the Rexpeed carbon fiber lip.
The Brayson R CF lip is also quite nice. The carbon fiber all around would probably be
gorgeous. I am, however, hesitant since cf pieces are more rigid, and therefore more
likely to break.

The urethane front lip situation presents many options. The HT auto full kit would make
the most sense; but I have had a hard time finding a lot of reviews on the quality of all
the HT auto pieces.

The most sturdy/reliable lip has got to be the STI OEM lip spoiler, with the JNA C-style
lip looking almost identical, at a much better price. The opinion seems to be that the
OEM piece is worth the extra cash.

Still more research to do before I make a decision.
Depending on you budget, the Bayson R CS type-1 carbon fiber lip looks great (it wasn't out when I purchased my Bayson-R V-limited),

BUT

Considering the fact that we have some bad winter here, I would highly suggest a similar set-up than me... Urethane lips around the car and the best way to protect / give a clean look is to Plasti-Dip them in black.

My front lip survived it's first winter, but I had to change the way the lip was mounted (had to put better screws) to make it secure in place.

And with a lowered car, you will most likely scrape the bottom of your lip quite often with sidewalks when entering parking lots ;)

Don't spend thousands of dollars in lips because I guarantee you will regret it once you crush them badly :lol:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: Choosing a front lip is serious business

Ohh and BTW,

1- The Bayson R and the JNA V-Limited replica are about the same. (I paid mine 100$ shipped at my door on Ebay)

2- 400$ for the original OEM STI V-Limited lip is insane for a part the will be scratched within days.

3- If you wanna see my front lip in person, just shoot me a PM and I'm pretty sure we can meet around Montreal hehe

·
Registered
572 Posts
Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: Choosing a front lip is serious business

Checkout the HPT lips as other non CF options. I've heard their quality is significantly higher than Bayson R. I'm thinking about changing out my OEM V-limited for their VS style lip.

·
Registered
806 Posts

Checkout the HPT lips as other non CF options. I've heard their quality is significantly higher than Bayson R. I'm thinking about changing out my OEM V-limited for their VS style lip.
Nice choice!! That's giving me some ideas aswell :eek:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

Ohh and BTW,

1- The Bayson R and the JNA V-Limited replica are about the same. (I paid mine 100$ shipped at my door on Ebay)

2- 400$ for the original OEM STI V-Limited lip is insane for a part the will be scratched within days.

3- If you wanna see my front lip in person, just shoot me a PM and I'm pretty sure we can meet around Montreal hehe
I would very much like to see your ride in person :D

What you are saying about the carbon fiber parts is pretty much what i was thinking; they just soo nice. I wish i lived in cali where the roads were nice. Urethane is pretty much the only way to go around these parts.

On the oem lip subject, from what i have read, the xtra dollars are justified by virtue of the excellent fitment. Apparently it fits much better than other aftermarket lips, and should hold on without adjustments pretty much forever.

Any thoughts on the ht auto front lip? It looks nice, just wondering how good the fitment and quality is. The only reviews i have found on it have been positive

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

Htp does look nice, thnx for the heads up.

Will do some research on them, see how they compare to the others, the hpt vs one looks real nice, better than the hpt cs style one.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

damn very nice updates, as usual!!! Anxious to see what option you end up going with for the lips. Personally, I love the carbon fibre idea, but with our roads/winter, I would be skeptical!!! I think the regular lips in Urethane will look very nice as well...either way, you can't lose!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #100 (Edited)

damn very nice updates, as usual!!! Anxious to see what option you end up going with for the lips. Personally, I love the carbon fibre idea, but with our roads/winter, I would be skeptical!!! I think the regular lips in Urethane will look very nice as well...either way, you can't lose!
Thnx bro!

The carbon fiber lips from bayson and rexpeed are the best looking, but i think I will lose if i get one of those (which are more costly), and it gets ruined by the roads of mtl. You are right to be skeptical. Now to pick which polyurethane....

81 - 100 of 653 Posts