IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 653 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: Tire/Suspension Upgrades this spring

Out of those options.. and given your current mods.. and target budget

I'd say a quality Coilover with a good range of adjustment

I just PM'ed a friend with better knowledge than I ... most lightly will chime in soon to drop is 2 cents :tup:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Out of those options.. and given your current mods.. and target budget

I'd say a quality Coilover with a good range of adjustment

I just PM'ed a friend with better knowledge than I ... most lightly will chime in soon to drop is 2 cents :tup:
Ty sir!

So you think a coilover with stock suspension will do the trick?

Will this whole meaty tire adventure end up sacrificing handling/performance? A few people have told me to just stick with stock tire size, saying that the car was designed for that tire size and to not mess with it. Don;t want it to just look purdy

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)

Glorious morning so far!

SMY stuff arrived this morning, specifically the DAMD d-shaped steering wheel and the Push start/keyless entry kit.

Pleasantly surprised with the smallness of the remote start/keyless entry card. Seemed bigger in the photos. Its really small :D

Also happy with the DAMD wheel, didn't think there were finger grooves on the back. There are:D! Even has that new car smell!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)

Still have more research to do, but stumbled across this, which has made me rethink my whole suspension upgrades/budget this spring.
If this can stand the test of time vs Montreal winters, and deliver performance wise/improve suspension, I just don't know if I can resist. The adjustable control is too sweet to be ignored. I wonder how it compares to coilovers; if this is not reliable or sacrifices performance I will pretend I never saw it. Definitely more reading to do on the subject. If anyone has any opinion on this don't be shy:

Air Lift Performance Air Suspension Digital Combo Kit Subaru STI 2008-2014 95754 at RallySportDirect.com

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

glorious morning so far!

Smy stuff arrived this morning, specifically the damd d-shaped steering wheel and the push start/keyless entry kit.

image link

image link

pleasantly surprised with the smallness of the remote start/keyless entry card. Seemed bigger in the photos. Its really small :d

image link

also happy with the damd wheel, didn't think there were finger grooves on the back. There are :d even has that new car smell!

image link
jealousss!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Still have more research to do, but stumbled across this, which has made me rethink my whole suspension upgrades/budget this spring.
If this can stand the test of time vs Montreal winters, and deliver performance wise/improve suspension, I just don't know if I can resist. The adjustable control is too sweet to be ignored. I wonder how it compares to coilovers; if this is not reliable or sacrifices performance I will pretend I never saw it. Definitely more reading to do on the subject. If anyone has any opinion on this don't be shy:

Air Lift Performance Air Suspension Digital Combo Kit Subaru STI 2008-2014 95754 at RallySportDirect.com

Image Link
i am very curious about this too. The adjustability would definitely make this very ideal for our winters, as I do a lot of winter driving and would love to lift the car for winter months, and then lower it nicely when heading to meets or for the odd track day setting it up for max performance. Curious how well it would perform compared to decent set of coils.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Re: Stealth-baru! 2012 OBP Wingless STI: New goodies!

If be really interested to hear your findings on that site ride system. It's an interesting alternative.

Speaking of the system - FS (USA,SC): Airlift performance with V2 management, stealth set up - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Auto corrected from my Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk2.
Nice.

If the kit had more than a 1 year manufacturers warranty I make that guy an offer.

If my research proves that the kit is the real deal, would rather buy it new and not take any chances, dude lives too far away for me to chase him down if something is busted.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

I think it is soon time for us to meet up. I wouldn't mind bouncing some ideas back and forth. Shoot me a PM and we can find a time\place that works for both of us :D

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

I think it is soon time for us to meet up. I wouldn't mind bouncing some ideas back and forth. Shoot me a PM and we can find a time\place that works for both of us :D
That would be awesome, will have to try to get Marc and some other Montreal dudes in on it for some sweet STI inspiration. Perhaps when the weather gets just a lil warmer though?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

That would be awesome, will have to try to get Marc and some other Montreal dudes in on it for some sweet STI inspiration. Perhaps when the weather gets just a lil warmer though?
Marc is a bit further North near lachute. STI_Addict is in Ottawa (Al), we visit each other from time to time, very cool guy :D I already met a few STI owners around Montreal, and have a friend who also has an STI sedan who I graduated university with who lives in the area. I was thinking more of a pre-meet, just coffee or wtv in the next few weeks to chat...do you drive your STI during winter?

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)

Marc is a bit further North near lachute. STI_Addict is in Ottawa (Al), we visit each other from time to time, very cool guy :D I already met a few STI owners around Montreal, and have a friend who also has an STI sedan who I graduated university with who lives in the area. I was thinking more of a pre-meet, just coffee or wtv in the next few weeks to chat...do you drive your STI during winter?
Yea I'd be down for that. I do indeed drive it in the winter. Kinda a double edged sword; so much fun to drive in the winter, but I hate the damage winter does. Wish I had a decent beater. Have had to become pretty good at detailing my ride, the first spring cleaning is always quite the chore, getting rid of all the scratches, etc...

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

Yea I'd be down for that. I do indeed drive it in the winter. Kinda a double edged sword; so much fun to drive in the winter, but I hate the damage winter does. Wish I had a decent beater. Have had to become pretty good at detailing my ride, the first spring cleaning is always quite the chore, getting rid of all the scratches, etc...
Aah, don,t sweat it man. I already have a garage queen (my bike) and sure as hell don't want another, which is EXACTLY why I bought an STI over a 370z :p

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

here's the link to his journal page. BTW -- I think RSutton is parting out his car and might want to sell the system. not sure but might be worth asking

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-members-journals/225814-rsuttons-amg-magno-alanite-matte-grey-hatch-1-5dom-417whp-tsm-jpm-interior-50.html
Thnx for the headsup. Didn't see the Air suspension kit there, maybe I missed it, will look a lil closer. Either way I would be very hesitant to buy something so expensive if it is used, especially since there is only a 1 year manufacturers warranty. The price would have to be insanely good to even consider.

21 - 40 of 653 Posts