IW STi Forum banner

341 - 360 of 653 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Re: Stealth-baru! A "family sedan": Efr 7163 arrived!

Efr 7163 arrived!

Build starts on Feb 8th :D

Still a few more odds and ends to pickup. Oil pump, turbo blanket, etc etc

Wondering how hard it is to remove the turbo hotside; thinking about getting it ceramic coated...

·
Super Moderator
8,387 Posts
Re: Stealth-baru! A "family sedan": New Arrivals

Yea the tmic is super light.
Compared to the stock tmic I'm not sure which is heavier, but wow that rad must weigh less than 5 pounds.

I know other strut braces clear the ets tmic, but I can't say for sure if that brace clears it.
My ETS is very heavy, MUCH heavier than a stock TMIC, and I have a fabbed sheet metal version, not the current cast versions.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Re: Stealth-baru! A "family sedan": New Arrivals

My ETS is very heavy, MUCH heavier than a stock TMIC, and I have a fabbed sheet metal version, not the current cast versions.
Never actually picked up the stock tmic or weighed it for comparison.

Let's just say that I expected the tmic to be a whole lot heavier.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #347

I bet your ETS weights about 5-6 times more than the stock TMIC. The stock TMIC is very, very light.

Removing the hot side is removing those 4 bolts. Very easy.
Yea it must be crazy light.

Have never removed a hotside before, so just a little hesitant for fear of damaging some turbine fin or something else on my shiny new prize. Do those bolts have to receive a specific amount of torque when I put it back together? Thinking about calling FullRace before I do anything just to make sure...

·
Registered
19 Posts

Yea it must be crazy light.

Have never removed a hotside before, so just a little hesitant for fear of damaging some turbine fin or something else on my shiny new prize. Do those bolts have to receive a specific amount of torque when I put it back together? Thinking about calling FullRace before I do anything just to make sure...
Take the time to download and read the EFR technical training guide. Torque specs are all in there. Full-Race Motorsports | Full-Race.com

·
Registered
379 Posts
Re: Stealth-baru! A "family sedan": Iag block arrived :)

More new arrivals.

I expected the engine to be heavier; can be moved around by 1 guy.

The block is so sexy....lucky number 433....too bad it wasn't 420 :D

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link

Image Link
I am so glad I ran into your journal. I am also looking into buying IAG stage 2 short block since my current motor is having gasket leak at 23K miles... thanks to track days! :lol:

How long was shipping of your short block from IAG?

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #351

I am so glad I ran into your journal. I am also looking into buying IAG stage 2 short block since my current motor is having gasket leak at 23K miles... thanks to track days! :lol:

How long was shipping of your short block from IAG?
Took 2 weeks for the block to arrive at my door. Iag has been very helpful with all the questions i have had for my upcoming build. Rick is the man.

·
Registered
379 Posts

Took 2 weeks for the block to arrive at my door. Iag has been very helpful with all the questions i have had for my upcoming build. Rick is the man.

Ok great! I will contact them about this. So what are your plans of the OEM short block? I may just sell mine since there's no way for me to store it aside.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

man I cannot wait to see this block installed in your ride. We are definitely going for a drive after it's done. Must feel the POWAA!

On another note, pretty sure you'll be able to take me on my bike when doing highway pulls. Well, if not, it'll be real close!!!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #356

Ok great! I will contact them about this. So what are your plans of the OEM short block? I may just sell mine since there's no way for me to store it aside.
I plan on selling it. Can get a good chunk of change for it since it's still intact and didn't suffer any issues. Hoping for somewhere around 1k, although I need to research on how much it will sell for.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #357

man I cannot wait to see this block installed in your ride. We are definitely going for a drive after it's done. Must feel the POWAA!

On another note, pretty sure you'll be able to take me on my bike when doing highway pulls. Well, if not, it'll be real close!!!
I'm not as optimistic as you about taking on your bike. You put a good 5 car length on Simon's car; my build will maybe reduce that by 1-2 car lengths?

But yea, once the final tune is done, we'll have to take it for a joy ride/track day for sure. Time permitting I'd love to take some pro driving lessons and learn how to drive my baby the way she was meant to be driven

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

I'm not as optimistic as you about taking on your bike. You put a good 5 car length on Simon's car; my build will maybe reduce that by 1-2 car lengths?

But yea, once the final tune is done, we'll have to take it for a joy ride/track day for sure. Time permitting I'd love to take some pro driving lessons and learn how to drive my baby the way she was meant to be driven

If your block is in good condition upon removal, you and I can work something out ;)

As for the bike thing, Simon kept up well. The faster you go on a bike, the more that its aerodynamic defficiencies come into play, so i'm pretty confident you'll keep up and eventually easily pass me (although we wouldn't be messing around at those speeds here!!!)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #359 (Edited)
Re: Stealth-baru! A "family sedan": TMIC STI logo Size? +Re-71r & more

Install starts on Monday! Look forward to getting things underway.
Have pretty much all the parts, and can't wait to see the custom rotated intake + vband downpipe/uppipe Lachute will put together for me.

Waiting on a last few things now, fuel pump, water pump....

Painting STI logo onto TMIC tomorrow...and received 2 stencils...can't decide between the large or small one...

Large

Small

Oh, and picked up my ceramic coated hotside from Release Coatings, and re-assembled the turbo. Also received the PtP efr turbo blanket, and my new summer tires, the Bridgestone Re-71r in 265/35/18.

The SMY defroster gauge pod looks pretty great too...

341 - 360 of 653 Posts