IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ok, I got it in the other day and it was great, start ups are instant, smooth consistant throttle/power response. Much faster throttle response and everything is much better. I like it and it seems to even do better then the 8ga kit I had on previously. I will grab actual pictures tomorrow or something. Ok here comes the big decission.... These kits are going to be very hard to make, more so then I thought. So I will be offering a kit (pre-cut) and everything supplied (wire, connectors, heatshrink) to make your own for probably ~$37. I will also be offering a full made kit by me for $50, but i dont know if I will be able to solder as 4ga took like 30 minutes a wire to heat up (that and the crimper left very little room to solder any gaps anyways, as it is awsome and does just fine without soldering).... and im aleady through 2 soldering ends. So just give me some feedback on what you think.

ALSO this is not a discussion thread about wiring physics or anything of the sort. if you wish to argue that out, do it in your OWN thread or pm. Thank you. I will hopefully have JJ or a mod enforcing this as it was very annoying in the last thread.

Robert~

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I'm interested... Will be interested in pictures of the installed product as well as what you would include in the kit.

Thanks Robert.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya I will have all that posted tomorrow probably... busy weekend coming up.

Robert~

As for the Kits (Premade or YouMade):

-10 Feet of 4GA KnuKonceptz superdeduper OFC power wire (very awsome stuff) Available in black/purple/red/silver/yellow/
-Plenty of heat shrink for each connector end and then some (gotta go find the size that I need though, so im not 100% on the size, but there will be more then enough heatshrink). Available in different colors as well, just ask.
-16 4ga 3/8" connectors (Very nice tinned plated and corrosion resistant)
-All wires cut to size and mark to help identify each
-Instructions
-Pictures for each grounding point and install

Well theres not much more you can put on a grounding kit. I will accept paypal, CC# via paypal, money orders, and checks. All premade kits give me 1-3 days to complete (probably only need 1, but just for safety). All YouMade kits will be shipped immediately as payment is received. (Also the difference is that I make the premade kits, obviously, but just making sure you know).

Any input would be great. As im open to suggestions as to how to get YOU to buy this. That and I am trying my hardest to keep prices down without LOSING money, as I obviously wont be able to make these for too long if I do. Also these kits will fit WRX/STi/Wagon Im sure. As all the grounding points seem to be the same in all cars (just manifold is a little different colored/sized, but shouldnt be a big deal). I will probably grab a pic of a set on my friends wrx too.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I just crimped mine with a channel lock, then crimped them down further with a flathead and hammer. I won't be soldering them for what that's worth. Your prices still seem very fair to me. The process was quite involved even without soldering.

-st

·
Registered
347 Posts
sounds like a great deal, i'll be ordering one up soon...thanks in advance for all your effort!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
i just need the instructions. how much for that? my installer can make the cables. please let me know...i have a paypal account and would pay for the correct instructions. thanks mark

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm for instructions , $10? i pay shipping or can just email them to you if you wish? The reason $10, is because once you have them obviously... you know how to make the whole kit. Lemme get on Adobe and whip up a nice instruction sheet layout.

Sorry again for the delay with pictures, but I was an idiot accidently scarred one of the heatshrinks (it slid down) while i was trying to solder... so i had to take it off and of course it looks like crap with just a wire plugged into the connector... so im just goin to pick up some electrical tape today and cover it up and take a pic so you guys get an idea... had it been a customer's kit, I would have redone the whole wire, but I dont care, so i just am going to tape mine. Thanks again and I will post an order form and the such as soon as I put up pictures.

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Man Robert, now I have to replace my SMP grounding kit. Anyone want to buy a silver 8 ga kit from SMP? :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe same here, i gotta sell mine as well, did the BOV come in yet? hehe i cant wait to see what you think.

Robert~

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
According to UPS, it is supposed to be delivered today. If so, I will let you know tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
thanks rob....$10.00 is fair let me know when you can do it. thanks again mark

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gforced said:
According to UPS, it is supposed to be delivered today. If so, I will let you know tomorrow.
hehe as you'll be driving all day today and tonight ;).. enjoy it. I will get on the instructions tonight probably, or tomorrow. I really want it to look nice and be VERY user friendly.

Robert~

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
staticx313, and where did you buy your perrin products.i think they are probably the best stuff out there.i just dont want to get ripped off. thanks mark

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nina(or nino) from NASIOC has a good deal on crank pulleys and catch cans, I bought all my stuff from jeremy at speedmonkee.com. He wasnt always the cheapest, but he was a great guy to work with. So good luck, Im sure you'll love the perrin stuff, I really do. Their tech support is awsome.

Robert~

Also i think this thread will be dedicated to reviews and discussion about the StaticX grounding kits. I will create a new thread for ordering ONLY (so that its not confusing). Man I wish I was a moderator sometimes to keep control of this stuff ;).

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Static,

I want my soldered. How much shipped to 90069?

BTW, where are you located? You sound like a cool guy to hang out with.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wow thanks, I will find shipping for you when I get back, I live in Huntsville, AL. feel free to give me aring if you drop by or are going to any shows around here. thanks for the compliment :). im goin out of town tonight and will be back friday afternoon, so look for pictures then. Thanks again!

Robert~

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I have some family in Mobile and the folks are going out to visit for Thanksgiving. Anyway you can get the materials and ship out before they get there?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nivek-CA said:
I have some family in Mobile and the folks are going out to visit for Thanksgiving. Anyway you can get the materials and ship out before they get there?
Im not sure man I will try realy hard for you though. Just send me the color of wire to: [email protected] and if you could pay via paypal ([email protected]), just for the heck of it i'll give you free shipping since I cant come up with it right now, so just send $50. I'll have a kit soldered and ready to go by the end of next week. I will try to rush it to you. Thanks again!

rjhang: Yes you will get all instructions and pictures. As for shipping im going to go through my UPS book and find out for each region (that way I can post a certified shipping cost for everyone).

I will also show different ways of installing the kit (if one way is too difficult, or if you think too many wires are stacked on one point or whatnot). You can run a chain (one point to the next to the next) or you can run - which i have - just the basic setup and I will explain that further later on. Thanks again everyone!
Robert~

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For performacne, it grounds out all your electricals. It gives your car a faster response, all your electronics work better, idle is corrected, people have dynoed their kits (with even less grounding points) to show ~10whp increase. Everything just responds and works better. It does make a good difference.

Robert~

1 - 20 of 25 Posts