IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: New Traffic Laws (at least they're new to me!)

Well, I decided to try Staticx's grounding kit out for myself so I ordered a blue 4 gauge kit from him. The following is my review that I promised:

Installation: Took about 1 hour, fairly easy and straightforward. Instructions are included on a secret website, and are easy to follow. The only thing that would make things a whole lot easier IMHO is if the wires themselves were numbered, so there would be no guesswork and test-fitting involved in what wire goes where.

Quality: These are very high quality wires with high quality connectors that seemed to be not only crimped on- but soldered on. This is a huge plus. I was very impressed- especially for the price.

Performance: I was skeptical at first that this would cause any gains, so before I installed it I reset the ECU per Vishnu's instructions, and of course I also reset it after the install. I can say that I did feel a difference not only in power (enough for the butt dyno to pick up on), but more impressively to me at least in the smoothness of power delivery. :)

Another thing I will mention for what it is worth is that before the install, using the stock boost guage my max boost was .09 (on the OEM boost guage). After the install, I hit slightly above .1 ! While this certainly could be due to a whole host of factors, the temparature and barometric pressure was the same before install and after. I also did a reset of the ecu before- to make sure that any "gains" were not due to an ecu reset alone...

Overall, this is one of the best inexpensive modifications you could install on your STi. :D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
AWSOME! THANK YOU JJ! Im glad it worked out for you :)!!!

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
how much robert?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
how much robert?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
ooopps sorry for the double post! I also have a anther question, does this kit actually increase performance that drastically? Becasue i overheard that you can see some sick gains ie.8-15hp????now is this true?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
They are $55 shipped anywhere in the 48 states. blue, black/silver, purple, red/silver, yellow, silver. I've seen dynos on a car such as the RX7 gain ~12-17hp. The STi is very new, but I bet you'd still see 5-15hp (depending on setup). Mainly, it'll keep your electronics running like they should... for a very long time. Whereas if you gain 7hp now, that'd be actually 15+hp more then what you would have had 5 years from now when the stock electronics start to take their wear and tear and what not. although I have not dynoed it, vividracing has (with the lineage kits, which have the same design, yet less wires) and has dynoed at 5-8whp :).

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
dayum!!!! 55 aint bad how about my "price is right bid?" $1 BOB! ahahahah ;-)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
LOL! Well Im in high gear right now fellas, I just shipped out like 9 kits (all with a hand written letter w/instructions. lol almost took me longer to write the letters then it does to make the kits ;) ) and finished another 7 in ONE day... I should be able to get these kits out and rolling FAST. Great time to order *hint hint*... Im also possibly picking up some vendors WOOHOO (Staticx <<gonnabeefamos). So great things ahead!

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
do you accept paypal robert? and if so can you give me the email address to send it to.

Thanks Id apperciate it!

Amir

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
whooops sorry my fault!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
its been sent robert, and I will also comment when i install this setup as well, if i caused any inconviences im sorry once again guys to robert and JJ =)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
lol no you didnt, but i just figured it'd be best to keep this all private ;) thanks again man! I will be ordering another batch soon (wed probably).

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
sure deal! next time...when you get more products!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Bulk orders will now be available, as I ordered double kits this last order. That way there will be no more waiting on me to build parts! woohoo! ESX will get their two sets this week too I hope!

Robert~

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
well i got mine today, and i also installed it as well, i dunno i havent felt the difference and there isnt that much in help that i was told its supposed to do???

but nice job on the parts robert, lools professional!

I dunno maybe i didnt notice it becasue i dont drive my car everyday so that may be the case...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Static, i have the modified intake and grounding kit should i reset my ECU?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yes... you should after any mod. Even if you're stock, doing the ECU trick will still help! GOod luck STIml8n.

FASTi - It isnt going to be a huge hp increase... although it will smooth everything out. Mainly what you will notice is... no more choppy idle, smoother engagements, more mpg, etc... and you will notice that when you put a system in it works better and the lights dont dim and all this other good stuff. Thank you for your compliments!

Robert~

1 - 20 of 37 Posts