IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

I was looking to buy in March, but got a tip from a friend tonight about some dealer incentive, so I'm going to check it out tomorrow. "$2000 off MSRP on the STi, 6 in stock" is what the newspaper said. I figured this would be a good opprotunity to practice some negotiating and test the waters.

I did some research at Edmunds and got a good sense for what other people in my area paid.

What really strikes me is the price the dealer charges on the Add-ons. I found most of these on the internet (genuine parts) for alot less.

I was wondering if I should buy most of my add-ons online and install them myself. (armtrest, hood protector)

Second question: stock turbo gauge or aftermarket Defi one with the stock mounting or a Defi package. I know the dealer rips you off on that option, what do you guys think? Will the dealer agree to install a Defi gauge?

Thanks,

Peleg.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Peleg,
If I were you, my goal at this point, considering the time of year, would be invoice or a little above. According to KBB, invoice = 29,130 and MSRP = 31,545, so MSRP - 2000 will give you 29,545. If you feel like haggling the extra couple hundred dollars to get it to invoice, then do it. Either way, it is a decent deal.

I would advise against any of the dealer-installed options. I personally have none of the dealer-installed options at the moment. The only thing I might consider is the armrest extension. As for the gauges, I hate the 'stock' location of the turbo gauge - on the steering column. I much prefer the 3-gauge pack that removes the clock. If you don't want to remove the clock, you can also get gauges to go on the A-pillar. I doubt the dealer will install anything that you don't buy from them.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
174 Posts
Also note that the stock turbo gauge light color is not consistent with the red on the dash...just an irritation...it's also not in US spec lbs. if that matters.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Nice blue

I think you'll find that all STIs sold in a region are all sold with similar option packages. In the NW they all seem to have (at least) turbo boost guage, alarm & wheel lock set. If your lucky your region might have stripped down STIs, if thats what your looking for.
As far as the turbo boost guage, it's right in front of the outside temp guage. Other than that, its OK. Its not in PSIs as some mentioned. It also looks like a bit of work to install. If you can get the car close to invoice, then the added price of the factory boost guage is not bad.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'd recommend buying without any options and installing them yourself later. Markup is high on dealer-installed options. Of course, if you're looking at a car that already has them installed, they should be negotiable...especially if you really don't want them.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. The deal was true, it's very tempting, but I decided to save a bit more $$$ so I'm going to wait until March.

P.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
good luck.. and yes, u should be able to get invoice price and u better off getting turbo gauges, etc from aftermarket internet shop - much cheaper...

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again. You guys are really awesome.

Believe it or not, I already know what I want to do to this car. (K&N, stereo, door seals, differential protector, auto dimming mirror, arm rest)

As far as the gauges, I found a nice shop that offers Defi and Omori gauges and the Defi pod. Which gauges do you recommand? The Defi are sweet because they swing to the right like the stock gauges, but the Omori match the color.

The car will be left stock, but in order to monitor everything in terms of gagues I was thinking Boost, Oil Temp and Air/fuel ratio. Problem is, the only company that makes A/F is autometer and I don't like their products.

Just got the insurance quote today, not bad at all.

2 more months, I can't wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts