IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Holy crap! I just converted th 29995 britich punds to us!!!

They want $54000 for the WR1!!!!!!

I'll keep the extra 24K and build a kick butt STi!!!!!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
that thing is sweet though.looks like it has as many prodrive bits on it as the last ppp sti. keep us updated Antimullet, and you'll be happy to know i just got a haircut,ha,ha my friend said i had the lacrosse mullet ha,ha

·
wie geht es ihnen?
2,218 Posts
and you can keep on drooling for that price and only 20 hp more!?!?!

better off getting the USDM version and adding a few bolt ons.

it's right hand drive also. i have not heard it would be coming stateside.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I don't think you can compare the prices since UK has the hefty value-added tax (VAT) built into the MSRP.

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah, its not 50$ grand'ish US. only if you buy it in UK. The regular STi is 50 grand'ish also - in the UK.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wonder if Petter gets one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Antimullet said:
http://www.subdriven.com/artman/publish/article_129.shtml

Go to this website and start drooling.

I'm glad I've held out...

Sorry, but I have to throw my opinion in here!

"For example, the Impreza ‘WR1’ will feature a driver’s control centre-differential (DCCD) via a switch mounted next to the handbrake."

Last time I checked my 04 STi had this option.

"Also new for the ‘WR1’ are special, Prodrive-developed uprated springs and bump-stops with a 25 mm lower ride-height."

If my STi was any lower, I could not get it up the roll curb into my driveway.

"Other handling-enhancing features include 18 ins diameter P-FF7 (Prodrive Flow Forming seven-spoke) alloy wheels with Pirelli PZero tyres."

Ugly! The factory BBS are much better looking than these fat spokes.

Can you imagine how bad the ride would be?

"Externally, the new ‘WR1’ will be instantly recognizable thanks to its new Ice Blue Metallic paint plus driving lamps and a stainless steel mesh grille."

Lame! With HIDs fog lamps are stupid. A grill would be cool.

"Interior changes include anthracite instead of blue suede-effect seats, a special gear knob, imaged carpet mats and a numbered tax disc holder. "

I got rid of the crapy OEM shift knob. I have a MOMO Airmetal that matches the interior, like it was made for it. My son's car seat matches the OEM interior, so I like it.

For the extra $20K it sounds like a JOKE. Do you know what $20K could do to my STi. Let's see:

Custom paint
NOS
Sound system
New garage

Etc.

I'll stick with my 04', sorry had to rant. :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dang! Looks like I started something!

But yes TRM point taken, I must've been just too exited about the upgraded STi coming out. Kinda been reading too much about the darn evo RS, and since subaru likes to one-up Mitsu, I've been expecting them to come out with a kickbutt STi for our market, but only time will tell I guess.

And Thermobox, You da man!!! Anyone that can
wear a mullett in this day and age is more of a man then me!!!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
OFFLINE said:
"For example, the Impreza ‘WR1’ will feature a driver’s control centre-differential (DCCD) via a switch mounted next to the handbrake."

Last time I checked my 04 STi had this option.
You should read the "Ice, Ice, Baby" thread, where the WR1 has been discussed in more detail. The DCCD is new for the UK.

"Externally, the new ‘WR1’ will be instantly recognizable thanks to its new Ice Blue Metallic paint plus driving lamps and a stainless steel mesh grille."

Lame! With HIDs fog lamps are stupid. A grill would be cool.
The article said "driving lamps", not fog lamps.

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
thermobox said:
that stage 3 kit is not applicable to the sti. and that 60-80 hp is for other models.
Yeah I was about to say that. But whenever Vishnu gets their Stage 2 package out for the STi (I'd imagine it would give similar gains like the one for the WRX) you'd expect to get over 110 hp gain. If you put $20K into an STi it should be making well over 500 hp...to the WHEELS :D

I like the paint job and the rims though

·
Registered
542 Posts
WR1 & the V-limited WRX STis?? Sound almost about the same, except color & hp, and a few other tidbits. Also, both celebrate the championship victory. Interesting.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts