IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: sti an everyday car?

OK, trying to decide how much to mod my exhaust (price vs hp gain). The following are also in order of what I would likely do. All else being equal, see if you can fill in the missings numbers:

stock DP + stock Cat Back + stock muffler = 300 hp (just for reference)

stock DP + stock Cat Back + high flow muffler = A

modded DP + stock Cat Back + stock muffler = B

modded DP + stock Cat Back + high flow muffler = C

mod DP + mod cat back + stock muffler = D

mod DP + mod cat back + high flow muffler = E

Any takers?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ecu update...

OK, since no one wants to venture a guess, I'll post a reply to my own posting. Here is what I think given 300hp stock:

A= 305hp

B= 320

C= 325

D= 335

E= 345

·
Registered
759 Posts
The max HP gain that I have seen {dynos online} has been approx 30 HP. This is with with an after market turboback catless high flowing {loud} muffler. I think the range would fall between A. 305 and E. 330.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hummer said:
The max HP gain that I have seen {dynos online} has been approx 30 HP. This is with with an after market turboback catless high flowing {loud} muffler. I think the range would fall between A. 305 and E. 330.
I believe that 30 hp gain was at the wheels. Hayasa's looking at flywheel hp (300 stock), in which case we might very well see 345 or more hp with a turbo-back.

I know there has been a discussion of whether or not the driveline loss percentage changes as hp increases, so this may or may not be a simplistic argument...

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya I think you're right chobos... because if you're losing 10% hp or more to the wheels 10% is 30 of 300 and 100 of 1000, so it'd vary as you got higher in the hp range. We'd need an actual dyno of these tests. APS seemed to have a good review on different products, but nothing like each exhaust piece broken down. Good luck and I will try searching as well.

Robert~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts