IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man,
I'm a civil person. Professional forumer. Try to avoid conflict as much as possible. Have a sense of humer etc.

But is it just me or is it every one that gets irritated the crap out of them when seeing people in middle of a technical thread say something like...

i'm a stage 2 and then blah blah ...or his car ran xx.xx with stage III but he was using his stage II map with his stage 13 turbo but they should have used the stage 0 because their moms like to eat bananas?!

What the crap?! dude when you say stage blah it means nothing. Every tuner's stage is different. There is no universal stage document or agreement...even if you say somehting like cobb stage II that still won't mean crap to poeple that have zero cobb parts or a friend with cobb parts... uless you go to cobb website and hopefully we know what car you have and then look up what is cobb's stage II

true most stages from different tunners are similar...with the level of modfication getting more deep/involved/complicated/major as you move up the stages...but still...they are all different

so please refrain from using the word stage...its annoying...makes you sound like moron...and on top of it people won't help you because they don't know what the crap you talking about.

no one is perfect (look at me my grammer and spelling sucks), but please admit and acknolwedge your suckness...you are forgiven but stop it from now on.

just trying to make this forum a better place for all... flame suit on

peace

moderator feel free to move, delete, warn me for bein an arse or make me a moderator haha

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea...i think it deserves either warning, delete, ban, or STICKY FTW haha...

If you know me any you know..its not typical of me to post and get into a flame situation...

but trust me its for the better

·
resigned
5,610 Posts
Im relatively new to the tuner car world and when I first saw the word "stage" describing the mods of someones car, I instantly thought "hrm, ricer"

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we should write a universal stage document. Stickers and unpainted body kit automatically gets you 3.2 stages above where you at...

I myself btw am stage -1 FTW ...that is sub zero...once i get alky then i can go -40 since alky doesn't freeze yay

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes agreed...cobb stage xx...vishnu stage xx... all for it...at minimum you can go to that specific tuner website and read what it is...

for example last i checked vishnu stage 0 is just EM

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
"what stage turbo do you have?"
"turbos aren't rated in stages"
*guy walks away like I don't know what I'm talking about*

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
I'll agree with you. I think the reason most people just say Stg 1 or Stg 2 is most people have the Cobb with a protune. So is it the most common.

I guess i could say that im BPU like the supra guys do lol

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
I think Stage 1 and Stage 2 are fine as they are a direct reference to Cobb's staged upgrades as long as everyone knows that is what we are talking about.

However, you might make it a technical forum rule that should you have other modifications not included in one of Cobb's stages and you need help with something that you list the parts you have added or changed beyond that stage. Thus if I said, by way of power mods, that I am stage 1 with a Typhoon, people would know I ONLY had a typhoon and an AP reflash.

I agree though that ubiquitous usage of stages without a standard meaning is a lot like mixing metaphores. We should agree as a forum, and make a sticky as to the common meaning of phrases.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
stage 1 protune
stage 2 protune and down pipe or turbo back
stage 3 all of above plus intake
stage 4 alky + ^
stage 5 turbo with supporting mods + ^
stage 6 big turbo (red,GT30, GT35,...) with supporting mods + ^

Just an idea.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
305STi said:
stage 1 protune
stage 2 protune and down pipe or turbo back
stage 3 all of above plus intake
stage 4 alky + ^
stage 5 turbo with supporting mods + ^
stage 6 big turbo (red,GT30, GT35,...) with supporting mods + ^

Just an idea.
So can I go stage 6 without going stage 4? doesn't work out.

·
better than you
4,527 Posts
sachin said:
So can I go stage 6 without going stage 4? doesn't work out.
According to that, stage 6 needs everything above (hence the " + ^ "), so yea it would work out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts