IW STi Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i'm having a lot of trouble finding the correct shift points for a cobb stage 2 setup (tbe and OTS cobb stage 2 and silencer delete). I've done a search here and nasioc and I can't find a definite answer so I tried a lot of different things, 1st and 2nd i always take to redline, 3rd to 4th i've shifted at redline, 6700, 6500, 6200, 6000, and 5500. 4th to 5th i tried the same rpms as 3rd to 4th and I can't break a 13 flat run or a 12 second run? What's a good recommendation? So far my best time was 13.2 using 1st to 2nd redline, 2nd to 3rd redline, 3rd to 4th at 6800 and 4th to 5th at 6000.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
1st gear: redline
2nd gear: 6500 or maybe a little less
the rest: around 6200

thats my opinion

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My launch is good its a consistent 1.7 in auto. I keep the stock tire pressure. Oh yeah also the best MPH i got was 102 mph at 13.2 but most of the time mph is 100mph so i'm doing something wrong up top.

·
Registered
220 Posts
what are your mods? And what was the outside temp at the track? Did you spray the intercooler with water?

The reason i ask is because im a stg 2.5 witch is UEL headers and uppipe with a protune. Also a hks bov witch slows my car down im told. and i ran 13.2 at 103 but it was about 95 degrees outside or hotter so im sure my intercooler was heatsoaked like a mother fer and im sure that hurt also. i took 1st and 2nd to redline and shifted at about 6k for 3rd n 4th then went into 5th all the way but didnt reline

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I'm not trying to sound like a ****, but don't take advice from the guy above me. If you're running 13.2 protuned with headers something is wrong. Also, you should work on your driving if your running 13.2 at 103. I ran [email protected] with a 1.71 60' with the ots cobb stage 2 map. I only got 3 runs in on this set up, I was just dialing in my LC and such and picked it up to 105mph, so I'm sure I could have hit a 12.7 with the ots map. I'm getting protuned on the 4th, so I can't wait.

·
Registered
492 Posts
i redline first and i have my shift light set at 6200 so for second i usually shift at around 6500 and closer to 6200 for the rest. i am stg2 with cobb OTS map with FFS off and LC at 5400. i got a 1.6 60ft, 108 mph, at 12.75.
one thing ive noticed is the ffs messes up my driving. i dont flat foot shift at all, so i go to the settings on the AP and turn the ffs point up too 7400 rpms so it never turns on, if i dont do this i notice its different to drive.

sorry if thats confusing, i woke up 6 min ago :)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I wouldn't advise having FFS that high. I don't pay attention but what is rev limit set at with stage 2? I know you can set the FFS limit higher than rev limit which could be bad. Why not just turn it off all in all? If you shift fast enough you'll be fine. Thats what I did before I had my AP.

·
Registered
492 Posts
rev limit is set at 7000 i believe, but i just set it above the rev limit cause i dont think you can completely turn it off, so thats why i set it above the rev limit. that way it wont ever engage.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
rev limit is set at 7000 i believe, but i just set it above the rev limit cause i dont think you can completely turn it off, so thats why i set it above the rev limit. that way it wont ever engage.
That is a horrible idea dude, if you read the warnings that come with the map, it WILL go beyond rev limit. So if you miss a gear it will go to what ever you have it set to, and over rev the engine. But to each his own:tup:

·
Registered
492 Posts
That is a horrible idea dude, if you read the warnings that come with the map, it WILL go beyond rev limit. So if you miss a gear it will go to what ever you have it set to, and over rev the engine. But to each his own:tup:
so your saying that if the rev limiter is set at 7000 but the ffs is set at 7400 and i misshift it will rev to 7400? if thats the case how do i completely turn off the ffs?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
so your saying that if the rev limiter is set at 7000 but the ffs is set at 7400 and i misshift it will rev to 7400? if thats the case how do i completely turn off the ffs?
Thats exactly what I'm saying. I set mine to 6500, I shift at like 6200, and it never even hits 6500 when I shift. It works perfect for me, I would suggest trying it:tup:

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
^ Thats what I set my ffs to, but do use it on occasion :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Your not double clutching like you should!

Seriously if all you want to do is drag then sell the car and buy a 2wd! You bought the Subaru for the wrong thing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts