IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first flashed my car to stage 1 while i was waiting for my exhaust gaskets to get here. Once they were here i installed my catless downpipe and 3" exhaust.It sounds nice but i didnt really notice a power difference.I got home and flashed my stage 2 base-map.Took a ride and couldnt really tell a difference.Its been 2 days now and i still cant really tell the difference from stock to stage 2.My friend said it took him about 3 weeks for his ecu to learn the new parameters.Does this sound correct?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
i dont know bout that......u should see result real soon

·
Registered
778 Posts
The boost should hit harder in all gears, and you should really feel the car open up at higher speeds. The most noticeable difference for me was the higher gears. The car should continue to pull as you approach redline, whereas the power used to drop off fairly rapidly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just took a ride with the accessport to make sure im hitting target boost.I hit 16.7ish in in 3rd and 4th and 17.5 in 5th and 6th.I then found an empty road and launched it from 0.The car had amazing acceleration and even my passenger side floor mat flew back into the seat :bow: .I guess i just wasnt getting on it correctly.I was just sticking it in 4th on the highway...im sure if it gets pro-tuned it will be another story

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
Narib said:
I just took a ride with the accessport to make sure im hitting target boost.I hit 16.7ish in in 3rd and 4th and 17.5 in 5th and 6th.I then found an empty road and launched it from 0.The car had amazing acceleration and even my passenger side floor mat flew back into the seat :bow: .I guess i just wasnt getting on it correctly.I was just sticking it in 4th on the highway...im sure if it gets pro-tuned it will be another story
haha try having people in ur car, their head go back so fast

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
If you have gauges, verify that you are hitting the target boost levels for each gear. If you don't, have someone watch on the AP while you drive. If you are not reaching the target levels, and you are not ready for the protune, there are HWG maps available.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
just posted this same thing in the thread above. With OTS maps you will never see a huge increase in the car. Only a protune will enhance your cars potential.. It will be the best money you ever spend if done by a good tuner....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts