IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont want to exactly drop 1k on an intercooler set up can some1 please let me know how good this set up is and how much cutting is required with it... are you pleased with it, are the gains gonna be similar to the other FMICs? and how does it compare to the other brands... thanks

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
No issues with my GT35R setup so far. A lot of people are using this FMIC, there is a gigantic thread on nasioc about it.

You have to cut the bumper skin a lot which is normal for any FMIC kit.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
do u by any chance know what intakes you can run with it?... and i looked on nasioc after i posted this i saw that huge thread theres to much to read through :(

·
Registered
821 Posts
This kit is actually pretty nice. Running it on mine with no problems. I was really impressed with everything that comes with it.

This kits comes with a MAF tube so all you need is a 3" filter. If you want a CAI, the only one that will work is Hyperflow. XXtuning use to sell Hyperflow but now they don't so you have to purchase directly from Hyperflow in AU. Cost is about $220 but shipping is almost $100. OUCH!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
SSautochrome turbo parts are junk. my friend bought one to test it on his itr and it didnt work well.

1k for a fmic go with the turboxs or arc

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can't speak for their subaru stuff... but I know they were hated on many honda forums for their POS manifolds. Your best bet is to read that nasioc thread and pull what you can from it

·
Registered
821 Posts
Guys were only talking about the FMIC here. Not their turbos or Honda manifolds. Unless you have some real proof why its junk, then back it up with actual proof. Good HUGE post on Nasioc and see for yourself how many people are happy with it including myself. Nice piping, great welds, great couplers and T-bolt clamps. Comes with short MAF tube and coolant bottle for $370 shipped. Why spend more? Just ran 12.4 @ 111 (@5800ft) last Wednesday on pump gas. Meth tune soon to come. My FP Red turbo seams happy. No detonation and its MUCH better than the stock TMIC. There's some guys pushing 550whp through this same intercooler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts