1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think thats from shiv's dyno over at vishnuperformance.com. Their dyno is known to give low figures. If I remember correctly I think they dynoed the evo at aroun 180.

·
Registered
424 Posts
well i went to a dealer yesterday to check out the STi and talk to one of the sales person for abit... he said the STi engine is straight from the porsche boxster's

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I would go to a different dealership. That guy is an idiot. It is like the Boxster in that it is a flat engine configuration, but that is it.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It's no secret that Subaru got a lot of its engine technology from Porsche way back. He is right that the boxer engine design came from Porsche in THEORY.....but Subaru has never used a Porsche engine to my knowledge.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
choonzAWR said:
...he said the STi engine is straight from the porsche boxster's
hooohoooheeeheeehaaahaa. how does "tranny designed by porsche" become "porsche engine transplant"??? that's funny.

·
Registered
424 Posts
lol yeah, i just let him talk on. I figured a boxer engine is a type of engine.. oh well.. salespeople these days =[

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think the fact that they are located on BACKLICK road sums it up :p

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Nice!

LMFAO.. It's boxer, but not the porsche variety..

choonzAWR said:
well i went to a dealer yesterday to check out the STi and talk to one of the sales person for abit... he said the STi engine is straight from the porsche boxster's

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
choonzAWR said:
...the dealership was Subaru Springfield off of backlick road next to the VW dealer
oh man, why didn't you say that. this dealer has zero credibility with me. one of their salemen said that subaru was only delivering 300 STi's for the year. geez. anyway, i recently found out they're loosing their subaru franchise. need we speculate?

·
Registered
28 Posts
uh, is this an issue with the salesman not listening? Sounds like this is a BOXER vs BOXTER issue -two totally different things :D

·
Registered
857 Posts
Cool interior mod

yup... shiv's dynos do rn low numbers.

so the deal is, compare number from the same dyno and you're fine. otherwise, it's apples to oranges.

btw, that sales droid may have read that porsche designed the STi tranny... or at least some posts from a dude who's brother just came back from a subaru training session that told him that... (IIRC)...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Sha_zapple said:
The SRT-4 Looks like a smiling hillbilly with his eyes crossed...
That is hilarious. I could never think of a way to describe the front end of that neon on steroids, but that fits perfect.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts