IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY, FOLKS, JUST STARTED DRIVIN' MY STI CAUSE MY PRIMARY IS DOWN...I HATE TO DRIVE IT IN THIS MIDWESTERN WINTER WEATHER, BUT NO CHOICE. I HAD THE CAR SITTING IN MY GARAGE FOR A WHILE AND ONLY HAVE 1000 MILES ON IT, BUT I NOTICE SOME SQUEAKING AND WAS WONDERIN' IF THAT WAS DUE TO THE BREMBO BRAKING SYSTEM BEING SENSITIVE OR THE CAR SITTING, OR THE COLD WEATHER IN GENERAL?

SORRY, IF MY QUESTION IS BASIC...MY FIRST INCLINATION WAS TO TURN HERE FOR THE OBVIOUS ANSWER INSTEAD OF DRIVING TO THE DEALER.

·
Registered
348 Posts
cold weather. Mine squeak a lot when cold. You can avoid the squeaking by stomping on the brake instead of lightly tapping it.

Also - please don't type in all caps. (It hurts my ears)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, etiquette lessons, thanks...So this is somewhat normal then? Yeah, when I do stomp on the brake, no noise, but it does come back. Is it because of the combination of cold weather and the brake system? This is my first experience with high-performance Brembos

·
Registered
284 Posts
NY: 4 RE-070 brand new

the brembos themselves tend to be a lil squeaky. just think of it as the delightful $4,000 squeak
Yes. Its one of the few sqeaks you can strut around......a reminder of the awesome brakes you have.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ichiban,
seems like a lot of people notice the squeak mainly when they reverse, but there are also quite a few circumstances when they will make some noise during normal driving. if mine get really hot, then i apply them while going pretty slowly, they'll squeak a bit. it's pretty normal...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$4000 dollars! WOW! IS THAT THE COST? So no adjustment required? And does it just disappear in warmer weather?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine will squeak after getting wet but the noise stops after a few applications of the brakes. I've got over 7000 miles and no real issue with stopping power. Remember even the BBS wheels are expensive ...like $750 each retail !

·
Registered
128 Posts
Impressions of EVo

Weather or direction has nothing to do with it mine squeak any time I come to a stop and have almost 8k on the car and two hard track days. I am replaceing pads, rotors and lines as soon as the shop gets them in and they are shipped to me I am hopeing that might slow down the squeaking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts