IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently running the whitline big bars and cusco coilvers. Whenever I turn the steering wheel sharply to the right or left it sounds like the springs are binding on the coilovers. You guys ever get this? Also, i am getting high pitched squeaking as I drive over bumps or dips.

Solutions??
Grease the sway bushings for the squeaks.

Lift the car and uninstall the front coilovers to hopefully get rid of the binding noise that is comming from the front of the car as I turn the wheel sharply.

What do you guys think of this. Just wanted to post this before I start doing all this to see if you think there is an easier solution. Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
41ants said:
currently running the whitline big bars and cusco coilvers. Whenever I turn the steering wheel sharply to the right or left it sounds like the springs are binding on the coilovers. You guys ever get this? Also, i am getting high pitched squeaking as I drive over bumps or dips.

Solutions??
Grease the sway bushings for the squeaks.

Lift the car and uninstall the front coilovers to hopefully get rid of the binding noise that is comming from the front of the car as I turn the wheel sharply.

What do you guys think of this. Just wanted to post this before I start doing all this to see if you think there is an easier solution. Thanks.
are you running camber plates by any chance?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
sounds like endlink is bent, i had the same problem with my cusco sways. same sounds over bumps and turns. i thought it was my shocks, but found out my endlinks are bent. if you don't have endlinks, get kartboy endlinks,

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the whiteline end links installed. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get under the car until this weekend

1 - 6 of 6 Posts