IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 STI with ID 1050x injectors and a Mishimoto intake. My AP has a 1050x injector eco tune that i use for longer drives for better mileage when i put my racecar tune back on and get a little more aggressive and get into higher RPMs it sputters like it has a fuel cut. i got on my AP and it said my injector latency was .903 ms (already don’t sound right-i’m also new to these cars so i’m not sure what to do ) but someone told me it sounds like a tuning issue and i had someone tell me that it sounds like a fuel cut, which sounds about right because when i get to the higher RPMs it’s sputters and acts like it don’t want to go

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
what tune is your "race car" tune?

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Sorry to sound negative but the only thing I understand is that you are delving into things you don't understand ( injector latency) and should not be tinkering with. Hopefully you cant just change it from the AP screen.

That said, because you seem concerned with it and see it, just check the other tune. They should be the same - you aren't changing injectors when you change tunes, right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct i don’t understand injector latency and also i’m not tinkering with anything i’m not able to change anything through the AP. I wouldn’t mess with anything i don’t have any idea about it. i’m not changing injectors at all. my AP has a preloaded ID 1050x injector economy tune which helps me save on gas. i’m pretty concerned about it sounds like a fuel cut but my fuel pump could be going bad because when i get into higher rpms and it requires more fuel flow it acts like it isn’t able to get fuel to keep building speed, it hits around 5500-6000rpms then acts like it just hits a wall and lose the ability to make power. i have a dw300c and i’ve had this setup since getting the car 5 months ago i bought the car modded but it didn’t have issues when i bought it specifically this one. i know i don’t need a higher flow fuel pump for these injectors i’ve heard of people running dw1500cc injectors with this fuel pump. i was told it could be just about anything or about 25 different things. but it doesn’t seem like anything further than something to do with my fuel system. I’ve asked a couple friends that work on their own cars and one actually works at a dealership they said it sounds like the fuel pump is getting ready to go bad. i figured i’d come on here and ask around. what does it sound like to you?

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Yes it could be anything.. Boost leak, coil-pack, fuel pump or filter . . . .anything, AVCS.

1) don't push the car while it has issue - except possibly specifically for a few seconds to trouble shoot.

2) Best thing to start with is log - see the Cobb site. Someone with a log might be able to help you. Hopefully there will be an indication. All to often the ECU compensates for an issue making the actual issue difficult to identify.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts