IW STi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently running the SPT cat back with a Helix Catted downpipe. IMO, I feel that it is a little too loud. I was thinking of getting the Greddy SP2, because there are many threads saying that it is quiet. I have also seen threads saying the Maddad Whisper is very quiet.

Has anyone heard all three exhausts? Are they all comparable in loudness? Or is there one that stands out as being very quiet?

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
I personally vouch the Whisper as being quiet when not on WOT. Cruising on the highway or anywhere is very quiet, but it opens up at full throttle.

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the SPT sounds ok when cruising around.. But when you're accelerating from a stop, it sounds loud to me even when you're very light on the throttle.

JJ, is your whisper very bassy?

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I forgot to mention my fiancee and my dog can hear me from 3 streets away!

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Chris my buddy ron has the Greddy exhaust with a catted DP on his wrx. Next autox you can hear it. Or you might of heard it at the evo v. wrx day. He has the blue 05 wrx with black RS wheels. I think the Greddy is louder then the SPT. But your ears can take a listen. He will be at autox sunday at PNC also, if your free.

Off topic: what rims are those in your sig picture on your ride??

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jordan, does he have the SP2 or the EVO2? The EVO2 looks like a fartcan, but supposedly it sound really nice and isn't loud. The SP2 (which I may be interested in) is more like a normal muffler.

I'm pretty busy this weekend, but I'll catch him at the next event. The rims on my car which I use for all seasons are Enkei DM5's. Want them, I'll sell them cheap! ;-)

· Registered
2,901 Posts
STEye said:
Jordan, does he have the SP2 or the EVO2? The EVO2 looks like a fartcan, but supposedly it sound really nice and isn't loud. The SP2 (which I may be interested in) is more like a normal muffler.

I'm pretty busy this weekend, but I'll catch him at the next event. The rims on my car which I use for all seasons are Enkei DM5's. Want them, I'll sell them cheap! ;-)
Ahh I have rota torques for all seasons, thanks tho anyway. He has the evo2, your right huge fart can, haha. It does sound really nice to me, and only when he gets on the gas does it come alive.

So what you gonna do with the exhaust/springs?? Keep me updated if you sell them.

· Registered
90 Posts
Funny how all ex- Hondurh owners get surprised when they hear a little bit of grunt. I am an ex- Hondurh owner too... forget the blat go for the fat.

· Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chubbs, have you heard both in person? Do you have an opinion on which is quieter?

· Premium Member
5,332 Posts
STEye said:
I think the SPT sounds ok when cruising around.. But when you're accelerating from a stop, it sounds loud to me even when you're very light on the throttle.

JJ, is your whisper very bassy?

I don't think I'd consider it bassy. When Idling it does not vibrate nearly as much as the stock one did. Between its subtle looks, and it's quiet cruise, it looks more stock then OEM (Only 3" tip). I haven't heard the SP2 or EVO2 to compare, but this is quietest at cruise and idle that I have heard for a full 3" without tapers. At WOT, it does open up though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.