Registered
5,261 Posts
Another cold clutch question

:( $400 for a 10% change in throw... guess I'll be waiting for a while

Robert~

·
Registered
342 Posts
I installed mine today,,very nice.Shorter throw,and absolutely no slop,very tite.Goes,,snick snick into gear now.
Worth it? For $395 msrp, I dont think so. I'd just wait fr Kartboy to come out with stiffer bushings. The dealer is a friend of mine so I got mine for real cheap.
Install took about an hour with jackstands,you will have to undo some bracing(tranny etc) to get to some bolts. Overall i like it.
Rudy

·
Registered
614 Posts
Re: - Generalization -

Hey Rudy - it sounds as though you did the install yourself. On a scale of 1-10 where would you rate it for difficulty? I generally prefer to do my own work, but heard the shifter was a major PITA. I have access to a lift, and a few friends who are quite knowledgeable, although none of us have swapped a shifter before. Any advice? (i.e. Subaru svc. or yeah, you can do it kinda thing). Thx man.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Kartboy will not be making one, or so Tom said. If you are lucky he will sell you one of the prototype bushings that were made. In terms of difficulty without a lift, I would rank it an 8. With a lift, I would rank it a 7.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Stu,,I'd go for it,,It's just getting to,and getting off the bolts that's the hard part.Like i said,once you move the braces out of the way and get some wiggle(tranny) room your good to go.Going back in is the easy part.
On my scale, with a lift and another set of hands(to push the exhaust over some ) I'd give it a 5,,if I rated a WRX uppipe a 10 lol.

Rudy

·
Registered
614 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the encouraging words Rudy - much appreciated. Not trying to push my luck at all, but are there any instructions anywhere for the install? Anyone see any? (I don't recall seeing them on any of the four or five forums I visit regularly....thought perhaps someone else had better eyesight). And graci again Rudy.

·
Registered
614 Posts
PM'd ya Nivek and thx.

·
Registered
614 Posts
No worries Rudy - Nivek e-mailed them to me. I will report back once I take a run at it....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts