IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself in a strange situation - SPT exhaust on my STI '14 hatch has burned a gasket between the muffler and midpipe. Been looking all over the place for replacement and can't find the damn thing. Dealer says the gasket comes only as a part of "hardware kit", which is about $50. Anyone has any idea for the part number or a clue how to get just the gasket itself without unneeded set of nuts, bolts and other paraphernalia?

TIA
--Max

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
is it the donut gasket? if so, i was able to purchase this for my 2017 for 20$ or so at the dealer.. if its a flat gasket, try the local Mr. Muffler?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Wouldn't be the donut gasket... that's between downpipe and catback.

You're looking for a 2.5" 2 bolt exhaust gasket.

From a quick Google search... you can get them for a couple bucks on Amazon... Vibrant has one for $5, Cobb sells a fancier graphite one for $20. You could probably also get one easily at any auto parts store.

Personally, I like the Remflex gaskets. A bit on expensive side, but only ones I have never had issues with leaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately it is not 2.5" (already tried - didn't fit - too small & wrong shape), but rather 3" and shouldn't have holes for bolts, it is just a ring shaped.

Should look like non-donut gasket (left most) here
Subaru D441SFG010 | Hardware Kit | eBay

However I'm not sure if ^^ is the correct one for _my_ SPT and even if it is, paying $37+ for a silly gasket is really a last resort.

Me thinking damn gasket should have a part number, much like any other.

Still out & looking... Any help would be appreciated
--Max

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a slightly used SPT hatch exhaust in my basement that I just looked at.
How did you ruin that gasket? It's a metal ring pushed around the pipe.
No one sells a replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, looks like this connection (midpipe to muffler) is the lowest clearance point. Most likely connected to some speedbump and it got skewed a bit so exhaust gases started going through in one place. As for "no one is selling replacement" - unfortunately you might be right, however I'll try to shake that tree a bit more. Fingers crossed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts