IW STi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the spring rate for the Prodrive springs? Can't seem to find it anywhere!? I'm just curious how they compare to the JDM Pinks.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
GTWORX.com said:
Prodrive does not officially release their rates, but they are very close to the JDM Pinks with a slightly less aggressive drop.

-Dan
...actually, much softer than Pinks (mildly firmer than stock) according to these:

I'm wondering if you measured the Prodrive rates while researching your own springs and got different results than charted above. If so, I'd love to hear about it. I and others have speculated that the 3rd progression of these springs is not shown in the above chart.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
If you look carefully, he notes that his machine was not able to test the springs under full load. Therefore, this graph doesn't reflect the ultimate rates of the springs. I would like to get the Prodrives on a spring tester but I assume that since they don't release their own rates they wouldn't like it if one of their vendors did. For now, I will assume that they are correct in their claim that the spring rates are close to those of the JDM Pinks.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Like I said, many have speculated (as you are) that the third and final progression of the springs was not shown in the testing. However, at least in the rear, the test went at least an inch passed normal ride height. I think the rear is pretty conclusive that there is no last, firmer progression. Still, the spring rates are so close to stock that I'd be surprised if they felt different at all. Maybe it's all in the mind, or maybe the difference is from the replacement front bump stop. Dunno. I'd love to see you test them.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
That is a possibility in the future but for now all I can tell you is that I have ridden on them and driven a car with them installed and they are absolutely different from stock. The ride is much less bouncy and the car feels more firm during cornering. However, you are correct that they are one of the less aggressive springs when compared to, oh say, the RCE springs ;)

-Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts