IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

Check it out..
www.sportcompactcarweb.com or buy an issue.
STi vs tuners.. They saying vishnu is a bit faster and not much more expensive.... Other tuners were behind.
It also has awesome guide to like 300 wheels, weights, manufacturers web sites, etc..

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i just picked up that issue last week and only got to read it yesterday. i was totally impressed with shiv's car! my goodness. not the flashiest, but man, it can perform. and his philosophy is still "reliability, drivability" and all that other practical stuff. amazing. i guess i was more impressed than i realized because last night, i had a dream shiv's future "stage 2 for the STi" installed on my car. weird.

my *silly* goal is a car that can accelerate at 1G (i.e. 0-60 in ~2.7s) without nitrous, so i'll keep an eye on what shiv produces. (speaking of sub-3 0-60, did you see that $110,000 EVO!? bloody amazing.)

btw, amdmaxx, nice photoshopping!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Credit goes to primemedia.com
BTW, what do u think about their wheels guide? and where in the world are BBS wheels in there?
BTW, I just subscribed to the magazine, I pray August will be the first issue they send me! Don't wanna miss this subaru issue.. And 608hp EVO..

4MLA1FN said:
btw, amdmaxx, nice photoshopping!

·
Registered
80 Posts
One thing that crossed my mind when I read this article was: What does giving a wrx a 73hp boost do to the engine life?

The STi is built with "racing" quality materials. Forged pistons etc. But what about the WRX. Is the car built to handle similar stresses?

Let's suppose u go out and vishnu your WRX how long till you fry your piston rings or crack a piston?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Supposedly WRX internals are good for 250-300 hp...
U definitely stressing engine, clutch and other parts more..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts