IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Spec C Intercooler Spray kit

Nice :) I've been subscribed for a while but I don't think I've posted in here before. I like the mods you've done though. Subtle on some of them but all for the better.
Many Thanks!:tup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. SPT Catback for the Rumble!!!

After what seemed like forever saving up my Chase card Subaru $$$'s i finally sprang for the SPT Catback today:D

After the first testdrive of a dealer car with this back in Dec09 i just loved the sound it made, just a nice increase in the rumble without getting too loud or obnoxious. With my own finally on the car its just awesome, loving it!!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. New STI shiftknob

Just back from a trip to Japan, had time to swing by the STI store @ tachikawa, and also made a trip to visit L'Aunsport:tup:
Couldnt resist this piece...:p

Looks great when installed:D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. R205 Rear Underspoiler

Normally when i travel i never check a bag, but on this trip back from japan i had no choice, this one was ~ 5 feet long...:D

It was worth the wait in SFO as i saved a bunch of shipping $$$s to get my R205 rear underspoiler back home. Only cost me 3 bux for a roll of "Fragile, don't hurt me" tape to seal up the box:cool:

Install was easy, just remove the rear bumper as others have described, then attach the supplied brackets. LH fitted fine, RH needed some dremel work to get it to fit OK to the USDM bumper beam support.

One thing i found with the bumper off, there was significant rubbing of the bumper on two areas of the body highlighted below

Its almost as if a protective piece was missing or something, after wiping the rubbing was down to the metal, really not good.

I cleaned up & painted the areas, and attached some thin foam material to the bumper to avoid further damage after re-install...

Some pics after install, and after giving the car a wash...
The spoiler looks really good back there

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. R205 Underspoiler from Japan

damn...that looks so good makes me want it everytime i see it.

i wish it would work with my catback :/

·
Registered
509 Posts

Normally when i travel i never check a bag, but on this trip back from japan i had no choice, this one was ~ 5 feet long...:D
Is it R205 under spoiler (no STI logo) or STI under spoiler (STI logo)?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

Is it R205 under spoiler (no STI logo) or STI under spoiler (STI logo)?
It has a little STI sticker/logo in the top center, so i guess its the STI version, not a true R205 spoiler. I can live with that:lol:
With that logo i'm now up to 18 STI logos on the exterior of the car...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts

It has a little STI sticker/logo in the top center, so i guess its the STI version, not a true R205 spoiler. I can live with that:lol:
With that logo i'm now up to 18 STI logos on the exterior of the car...
for each sti logo you get 5bhp :lol:

how easy was it to take off the bumper? 10 mins like the front?

·
Registered
728 Posts

love the shift knob....mine is getter a little worn out so time to start looking arround.......great job on the sprayer!!!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

for each sti logo you get 5bhp :lol:

how easy was it to take off the bumper? 10 mins like the front?
A bit longer than that, maybe 20mins, but it was my first time/learning experience. I think next time 10mins is no problem
1clip in the wheel well, two behind each wheel, and 2 behind the muffler. As others mentioned it helps to loosen the lights (2 screws each, then pull back to disengage the front clip), with them out you can really see all the tabs that are holding the bumper on, and reduces the risk of breaking anything. After that its just peeling it carefully off the car, do each side, then focus on the center of the bumper where it press fits into a metal strip below the hatch

·
Registered
437 Posts

looks really good dude:tup:

I ended up going with the avojdm underspoiler... should be here in the next week. These pictures will get me by untill then hahahah

Can you install this thing without removing the rear bumper?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #153

looks really good dude:tup:

I ended up going with the avojdm underspoiler... should be here in the next week. These pictures will get me by untill then hahahah

Can you install this thing without removing the rear bumper?
Thanks!
I really couldnt see how to install without taking the bumper off, getting access to the bumper beam brackets & turning a wrench in there would be really hard, if not impossible. When you get your kit, just strip the bumper, its really not difficult as i found out

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

Final set of parts from my Japan trip, this bit of kit had always intrigued me, finally decided to give it a try...
The STI Underbody brace kit, as used on the Nurburgring car
STI - SPORT PARTS - WRX STI�iGV/GR�j

Now when i unpacked mine, i wasnt 100% happy with the paint coverage on the welds on the LH/RH pieces. Some cracks in the paint, and a few small chips, being under the car they would be exposed so i decided to give them a coat of the red paint i had left over from the STI logo on the intercooler. I masked off the STI logo, and they ended up looking pretty ok (so much so i painted the center piece to match), but the main thing is making sure they wont be at risk of rust.

Got them ready now, just need find time for install & see if i can tell any difference.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #155

Baseline Dyno Plots, on the Mustang @ GST
Dark Blue/Green is with the IC Sprayer in auto mode

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Valentine V1 install from Japan

Recieved my V1 today, and had got the blendmount hardware yesterday, so all set for a quick hardwire install. Really easy install with guide from the how-to's here, only took ~30mins to get it up & running

Blendmount hardware is a nice piece, bit pricy but does the job way better than suction cups...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #157 (Edited)

More good stuff, X920BT and SWI, hoping to get installed on Monday. Finally get to use the 2din size dash piece i have been holding for 2 years:lol:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)

And its in:D got a pro shop to do the install, felt it was well worth it for the time savings & getting a quality job done
Head unit & 2din fascia, ipod/usb cable available in the lower pocket area

Microphone mounted up on the roof, works perfectly for calls

Custom splash screen i created in photoshop...
size for this screen is 800 x 480

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. AVIC X920BT is in

Let us know how the steering wheel controls work!
They are all working perfectly! I can't detect any delay to their operation as some folks have mentioned as an issue. I press a button, something happens on the HU (& i get a beep to confirm, gotta get that turned off:lol:)
The install guy said when programmed correctly the PAC-SWI works really well on Subarus in his experience, but he said something about having the key in the correct position to make sure programming works correctly. Didnt quite understand that part:confused:, but whatever, his method certainly works on my setup.:tup:

141 - 160 of 487 Posts