IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. JDM Pink Springs Installed!

Do you have any updated pics after the springs have settled? Impressions after having driven on them for a number of miles? Just got mine ordered today and would love any positive/negative feedback before I hand over the cash. ;-)
Well, from my experiences, nothing negative at all. Its all been good since installing these, and to be honest i already forgot how the car used to feel before the swap:D. I gotta try a stock car again just to see how much it improved, but i really doubt you'll be disappointed with the change.:tup:
No updated pics yet, i have been really busy since getting back from travels. To my eyes it looks the same as the earlier pics, a very subtle drop. If the weather doest turn bad i'll wash it this weekend, then snap a few pics

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)

A small update, just starting to collect some things for the next round of changes

Just like it says on the bag, Harman Motive 08STI Stainless-Steel Brake Lines. $79 in their sale:) Added ATE superblue from Rallysportdirect.:tup: Might get the lines & fluid swapped this weekend, as the car needs its 7500 mile service
Still looking around for pads, but really want to get the car to a track this year so its good to use winter for prep.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

Finally got the new brake lines & fluids done today, along with the 7500mile service. not much difference felt on the way home, but wasnt even close to pushing the car hard.
Rear ______________________________________Front

·
Registered
630 Posts

How are those gauges working out for you? Do they sweep on startup w/ the rest of the gauges?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

How are those gauges working out for you? Do they sweep on startup w/ the rest of the gauges?
Better than that, they sweep twice!:lol:
I've just been too lazy to get that seen to, just need to find the right wire behind the radio to connect for a single sweep. Need get my STI logo by the shifter fixed too, it no longer lights at night, think it got disconnected during the install shenanigans.
Apart from that they are working great, boost is good to see and matches with the AP datalogging #s. Oil temp is also nice to have, usually its ~90C when warmed up, got it to 105 C on a drive up mount Hamilton last year.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Sharkfin Antenna Installed!

The VisualGarage Sharkfin Antenna is on!:)
Got the idea from USNSTI's journal, this thing is really a good piece of kit, the paint is a perfect match and the install is really easy. Looks so much better than the stock antenna:cool:
Still picks up the radio when parked in my garage, will get a better test when i drive tomorrow

·
Registered
900 Posts

How is the modified intake treating you? is the stock air filter getting dirtier/wetter? would you recommend it, or no?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - Gauges finally in

if you dont mind me asking, where on earth did you get those gauges???

Well, after a long wait, i finally got the time to go back to the dealer, and get the install finished. Since there was no way to plug the harness, it was time for some splicing, the first 08 they ever did this to...

Once its all done i'm pretty happy with them, looks very stock, and having the 2 gauges on the instrument cowl is looking a lot better than i dared hope.:):tup:
Apologies for the cellphone pics, its all i have right now. will try to get better pics in the next few weeks
Work in progress...

External...

Inside...

In-seat1...

In-seat2...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - Gauges finally in

if you dont mind me asking, where on earth did you get those gauges???
They are the JDM gauges, boost & oil temp, and to get them i ordered from Japanparts.com. the gauges are small/light so shipping cost isnt too high.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)

How is the modified intake treating you? is the stock air filter getting dirtier/wetter? would you recommend it, or no?
Its difficult to say if the filter is dirtier because of the changes i made, i just looked and it is pretty dirty, but then it also has 7700 miles on it over 1 year of driving. I just dont have a baseline before changes, today was the first time i opened the thing:lol:

I'll be checking more often in future!

·
Registered
630 Posts

Did you get the skirt for the lip through the dealer? Any idea on part number? I just ordered the lip, but I think I'm going to have to get the skirt as well. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #112

Did you get the skirt for the lip through the dealer? Any idea on part number? I just ordered the lip, but I think I'm going to have to get the skirt as well. Night and day difference.
I got it with the lip from Harman Motive. Its on their website now for $139:eek:.
Its a bunch of money for that small rubber piece, and i'll wager you could get something similar or better at a hardware store, i saw some lips on here done with weatherstripping attached to the bumper that looked great. With the flat bottom of the new lip it would be really easy to attach prety much any kind of rubber material, and save a lot of $$$'s

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

I got it with the lip from Harman Motive. Its on their website now for $139:eek:.
Its a bunch of money for that small rubber piece, and i'll wager you could get something similar or better at a hardware store, i saw some lips on here done with weatherstripping attached to the bumper that looked great. With the flat bottom of the new lip it would be really easy to attach prety much any kind of rubber material, and save a lot of $$$'s
i couldnt agree with you more on this bro~ :tup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #114

:yeahthat:Well, a year after wasting money on some black rubber, its time to try some yellow...:)

Steering, Diff & Rear subframe bushings
Getting is the easy part, finding time for the install is a whole other issue...:(

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

^^^ looks like a bunch'o fun!! :tup:

i'd hate to be the one to install it all~

·
Registered
509 Posts

Do you remember if oil sandwich (for temp sensor) has 2 sensor plug or only one?

Thank you ^_^

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #117

Do you remember if oil sandwich (for temp sensor) has 2 sensor plug or only one?

Thank you ^_^
Sorry for late response, hadnt checked my journal in a long time.:p
I'm pretty sure the oil sandwich with this kit only had 1 plug, but it's been a long time since i saw it & i couldnt find any pics that i took to confirm. Since you are in Japan, why not get a 100% confirmation from a dealer, or maybe call Japanparts?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #118 (Edited)

New suspension parts arrived...:)
Got the Perrin RSB, 19mm which i'm sure will be decried as too small but should be enough for me to enjoy & explore the differences it makes on different settings.
I also got the Whiteline braces seperately, and painted them to match. Should look pretty good when installed, but for now they join my bushings on the pending list.

·
Registered
509 Posts

Sorry for late response, hadnt checked my journal in a long time.:p
I'm pretty sure the oil sandwich with this kit only had 1 plug, but it's been a long time since i saw it & i couldnt find any pics that i took to confirm. Since you are in Japan, why not get a 100% confirmation from a dealer, or maybe call Japanparts?
Cars dealer are like monkeys, they ALWAYS do not know :lol:

Thank you :tup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #120

Cars dealer are like monkeys, they ALWAYS do not know :lol:

Thank you :tup:
Tomorrow the car will be up on a lift at the dealer, i'll try my best to take a look at the sandwich, assuming the cover comes off for the steering bushing install. Hope i can confirm for you

101 - 120 of 487 Posts