IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Santa arrived early with new STI bits.

Where did you buy the led dome light?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

Where did you buy the led dome light?
Japanparts.com.
Its a bit pricy (~$60 iirc) but i think its worth it, great bluish-white light from it, everyone who gets in the car notices.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Nice, I got the same springs from Harman's "sale"... I really enjoy what they did to the car with some 24,22 sways as well. I will be curious what you think of them as there not to many people with them yet.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. JDM Pink Springs Installed!

Just got the pinks installed this morning at Capitol Subaru, and based on the driving so far they are bloody amazing. Why the car doesnt have these from the factory i just dont know...
I havn't had chance to really push the car yet, but after some freeway driving with sweeping ramps, some local streets and a blast along some winding roads they have transformed the car. It feels a lot 'tighter' and 'connected' to the road, roll is much less noticable, and yet somehow its about as comfortable as before. The drop is minimal, so far i measured ~10mm drop fender to wheel front & rear, but it looks so much better, the pics below really don't do it justice.
I'd recommend these to anyone, and i cant wait to get more miles on them:tup::tup::tup:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3009/3105414231_ca326172f1_o.jp

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)

A few other pics of the springs installed...:D
Right rear comparison pic

Left Rear

Rear thru the wheel

Front is pretty well hidden

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

Nice, I got the same springs from Harman's "sale"... I really enjoy what they did to the car with some 24,22 sways as well. I will be curious what you think of them as there not to many people with them yet.
I guess between us we cleared out their stock of 4pcs front and 4pcs rear:lol:
Did you get the whiteline adjustable bars? thats what might be next for me, but 22/20. Bit expensive for now, especially with new endlinks & install costs.
Did you get to try the car with just springs, or was it a package install? Would love to hear if you got to try them seperately, but for me i'm really pleased with just the springs

·
Registered
32 Posts

Hi There,

i really like the pink springs and planning getting a set for myself. I in the south bay as well. Can you tell me how much Capitol charged you for the spring install.

Thanks
Gobie

·
Registered
405 Posts

I guess between us we cleared out their stock of 4pcs front and 4pcs rear:lol:
Did you get the whiteline adjustable bars? thats what might be next for me, but 22/20. Bit expensive for now, especially with new endlinks & install costs.
Did you get to try the car with just springs, or was it a package install? Would love to hear if you got to try them seperately, but for me i'm really pleased with just the springs
Yeah I think we did clear them out. :tup:I was able to get my whole suspension package for about half off.
I did get the whiteline adjustable bars. We had one day when it was warm out about a week ago and I installed everything at once. So I did not get to try individual stuff. With springs, bars, front h brace and steering rack bushings, its a whole new car. Whats really funny is having 225, 50 17 winter tires on now and the car is more fun than when I had the summers on without all the suspension goodies.

I think only thing left is some good struts. The ones one japan parts from the 20th anniversary car are a bit pricey though I don't think there are any others out yet. http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?dealer=1&car=134&middlesmall=3:&maker=&volkey=
Best of luck with your set up. You sound as excited as I was when I first drove them.

·
Registered
157 Posts

That's interesting about the springs, I didn't realize it would be that big of a difference.. will have to put those on my radar but probably after sway bars I guess...

I am strongly considering doing similar painting as you did on the grill/fog light surrounds, but I'm having trouble really getting the picture from your photos. Do you have any online that don't use the flash? It makes the matte black look really close the original gray in a lot of photos

Keep up the great work you are inspiring me :)

Jesse

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

Loving the drop!!!

Nice work :tup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #91

That's interesting about the springs, I didn't realize it would be that big of a difference.. will have to put those on my radar but probably after sway bars I guess...

I am strongly considering doing similar painting as you did on the grill/fog light surrounds, but I'm having trouble really getting the picture from your photos. Do you have any online that don't use the flash? It makes the matte black look really close the original gray in a lot of photos

Keep up the great work you are inspiring me :)

Jesse
Thanks for the props man, appreciated!:)
I know what you mean about the pics of the grill/fog painting, somehow the photos dont show the flat black really well. I have a bunch of pics on Flickr, but i'm not the best photographer:p
How about this one? i'm pretty sure no flash on this pic, it was out on my balcony

Anyway, in real life the flat back i used is really a spot on match to the rest of the plastic, despite what the photos might say:lol:. It honestly looks factory, you could never tell if you hadnt seen a std grill. I'd really recommend you try it:tup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)

Loving the drop!!!

Nice work :tup:
Thanks!
& Congrats on your recent aquisition as well. you def. got the best color combo there;), look forward to seeing how it progresses

Edit: thought i'd add in my drop info, i remeasured after ~250 miles on the pinks, and it seems to be settled at ~11-12mm drop (about as accurate as my crappy camera and tape measure system can be)
I'm happy with that, its enough to look good, but not so much its going to f-up the ride,or make it impossible to get up ramps.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Thanks for the props man, appreciated!:)
I know what you mean about the pics of the grill/fog painting, somehow the photos dont show the flat black really well. I have a bunch of pics on Flickr, but i'm not the best photographer:p
How about this one? i'm pretty sure no flash on this pic, it was out on my balcony

Anyway, in real life the flat back i used is really a spot on match to the rest of the plastic, despite what the photos might say:lol:. It honestly looks factory, you could never tell if you hadnt seen a std grill. I'd really recommend you try it:tup:

Well I took the plunge today and used your steps for my car, and the results are wonderful.. Cutting the holes in the grille made me want a real dremel, might have saved some time but oh well :)

Check my journal to see pics (don't want to spam yours, plus it might be mistaken for your car if someone was scrolling through)

I think I'm going to put my sport grille for the same treatment (currently DGM, would paint it flat black) to have as a spare when I'd like a different look.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Thanks!
& Congrats on your recent aquisition as well. you def. got the best color combo there;), look forward to seeing how it progresses

Edit: thought i'd add in my drop info, i remeasured after ~250 miles on the pinks, and it seems to be settled at ~11-12mm drop (about as accurate as my crappy camera and tape measure system can be)
I'm happy with that, its enough to look good, but not so much its going to f-up the ride,or make it impossible to get up ramps.

Good info! Do you think its going to settle anymore?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

Good info! Do you think its going to settle anymore?
I don't think so, i measured ~10-11mm right after install, and now its ~11-12 after ~250 miles over some pretty rough, bumpy roads up in the Santa Cruz mountains. i made sure to give the sus a real good workout, i def. hit the bumpstops a few times, ( just like the stock springs did on the same bumps).:)
I'm guessing any changes i measured could be well within the error range of my measurement technique, and it won't change more with more miles

·
Registered
342 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Now Stage 1.

Grille strip was painted as per instructions in another post
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/1856497-post66.html

To create some air slots i covered the side in painters tape and sketched out 4 slots, then used a dremel to carve out the plastic

Finished the slots by sanding with the dremel, then hand finishing with 400grit emery paper

Installed::D

Ingenious! I wish I would have read this journal before I did my grill. Looks as if I'm gonna have to do a re-do! HAHAHA

·
Registered
881 Posts

I have the WRB as well and i love the front look w/ the patined grill/fog. Definitely on my next to-do list.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

^^^ doooo eeeet calves! flat black grill ftw!

sporesti was my inspiration~ lol. after seeing his done, i went and did that as my next mod.

hey M~ the wrb is coming along nicely! jdm ftw! im droooling over your jdm pink sti accessories!:bow:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

^^^ doooo eeeet calves! flat black grill ftw!

sporesti was my inspiration~ lol. after seeing his done, i went and did that as my next mod.

hey M~ the wrb is coming along nicely! jdm ftw! im droooling over your jdm pink sti accessories!:bow:
Thanks man:tup: i got lucky and picked them up from Harman's closing sale, shipping was only $30. to get the same parts from Japanparts would have ran $209 for shipping:eek:.
Now i'm wondering what next. STI need hurry up and get some new stuff on their 08 website:lol:

·
Registered
630 Posts

Do you have any updated pics after the springs have settled? Impressions after having driven on them for a number of miles? Just got mine ordered today and would love any positive/negative feedback before I hand over the cash. ;-)

81 - 100 of 487 Posts