IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Now Stage 1.

wow looks real good. i kinda like the red tails better but urs is diff and i like that. keep it up

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - Gauges finally in

Well, after a long wait, i finally got the time to go back to the dealer, and get the install finished. Since there was no way to plug the harness, it was time for some splicing, the first 08 they ever did this to...

Once its all done i'm pretty happy with them, looks very stock, and having the 2 gauges on the instrument cowl is looking a lot better than i dared hope.:):tup:
Apologies for the cellphone pics, its all i have right now. will try to get better pics in the next few weeks
Work in progress...

External...

In-seat1...

In-seat2...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. JDM Gauges installed.

^^^ they look sweet. sorta reminds me of a frog :eek2: best matched gauges!

·
Registered
246 Posts

Well, after a long wait, i finally got the time to go back to the dealer, and get the install finished. Since there was no way to plug the harness, it was time for some splicing, the first 08 they ever did this to...

Once its all done i'm pretty happy with them, looks very stock, and having the 2 gauges on the instrument cowl is looking a lot better than i dared hope.:):tup:
Apologies for the cellphone pics, its all i have right now. will try to get better pics in the next few weeks
Work in progress...
Got a closeup of the gauge face?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

Got a closeup of the gauge face?
Once i get a real camera i'll get some shots and update here. Cellphone just doesnt cut it,i cant keep it still enough to get a clear pic:tdown:

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,257 Posts

those are subaru gauges? haha theyre just the defis with a little subaru logo pasted on

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

those are subaru gauges? haha theyre just the defis with a little subaru logo pasted on
and the white needles.;) critical for us 08 owners:lol:

·
I'm Jim Halpert
8,257 Posts

yea i noticed that. I knew those looked a little different than mine. They look awsome! Kinda like mickey mouse :lol:

·
Registered
223 Posts

Are you having any issues with your V-Limited Lip scraping the ground? I had a few issues with my 2007 STI, and am wondering if the lip on the '08 isnt as low as the previous generation.....

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)

Are you having any issues with your V-Limited Lip scraping the ground? I had a few issues with my 2007 STI, and am wondering if the lip on the '08 isnt as low as the previous generation.....
Have scraped the rubber protector a few times on steepish ramps, but i try to be careful to cross things at an angle. Dunno how it will fare if/when i get the JDM pink springs, i'll lose another 15mm
Edit, found the measurements from earlier posts:
With my front lip the spacing to ground is just 15cm on stock springs (without lip is 19cm), measured at the front corners. Not sure if that is higher/lower than the prior years?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

Speaking of which...from whom and for how much did you get the V-Lip?
I got it from Harman Motive, ordered way back in Feb before i even got the car.:lol: back then the price was high, i'm sure its even more now:eek:
check their site for latest price

·
Registered
312 Posts

Awesome pics. Do you have anymore pics of the back of the car with the smoke tail light covers? I'm on the fence on whether to get red or smoke and have seen enough WRB cars with the red overlays. But yours is the only one I can think of that has the smoke overlays.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. STI Strutbrace & pink springs.

Well, its been a while since the last update, but Santa arrived early and i have something to update:)
PINK bits...:D

Ok, Ok, cherry blossom red...:lol:
Ordered from Harman Motive this week in their closing sale, missed the Fedex delivery on Fri and just managed to catch the Fedex guy this morning when i got back from getting the focus serviced

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. STI Strutbrace installed.

Installed the Strutbrace, springs will have to wait a while...
Install was easy, the only issue being it's designed for JDM cars, so the bend to clear the brake booster and the protective tape is on the wrong side.:mad: Luckily it still clears the fluid cap on the right, but its tight, ~1-2mm. I added some clear tape there and at the wiper electrics cable to prevent chafing

A before & after montage

Close up of the right side

61 - 80 of 487 Posts