IW STi Forum banner

421 - 440 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Today i went from this...

back to this...:(

I seriously forgot how big the stock wheel is & how thin, its like helming a ship or something at the moment (even with the 2015 rack).
Once you have tried something like a GT-Spec wheel its hard to go back, and those who haven't tried, you really should.

Also seat shipped to JPM today, praying UPS will be gentle with it

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Had time this weekend to run the wiring for the seat heater, in anticipation of getting the seat back soon.
Since the outlet in the center console is already used for my IC Spray retrofit, i just ran the wire round to the fusebox & crimped on a fuse tap for power and an eyelet for grounding to the body.

Plenty of 15A points to use.

Decided to use the wiper de-ice fuse since i don't have that, then later noticed the seat heater fuse in the next row. oh well.:p
I'll move it if i ever get a new windscreen fitted with the de-ice strip.:lol:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Stock seats no Bueno, (gone up to Tahoe 5 times since you picked up the seat). How much did Griffin sell you the heater harness? Weird that when you call Recaro USA, they tell you - contact Griffin as they know everything - lol.

I'm still figuring out the stitching on my seat.. I think Cherry Blossom Red as it relates to the GR 2012 seat is 8189..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. "Not Perfect Without BBS"

He's probably getting it to match the rest of the interior. His early GR didn't have the red stitching, while his aftermarket steering wheel does.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. "Not Perfect Without BBS"

He's probably getting it to match the rest of the interior. His early GR didn't have the red stitching, while his aftermarket steering wheel does.
Form over function :confused:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
GTSpec steering wheel made it feel like a new car :tup:
No kidding, right? I'm really not enjoying the stock wheel at all right now, cant wait to get the GT-Spec back with a little JPM love on it

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Stock seats no Bueno, (gone up to Tahoe 5 times since you picked up the seat). How much did Griffin sell you the heater harness? Weird that when you call Recaro USA, they tell you - contact Griffin as they know everything - lol.

I'm still figuring out the stitching on my seat.. I think Cherry Blossom Red as it relates to the GR 2012 seat is 8189..

Image Link
Sorry to hear, man. how much longer now on those Ergomeds? I reckon they will be worth the wait, going to look awesome too.:tup:
The 8189 looks very close to Cherry Blossom Red, but isn't the STI interior closer to actual red? any way they can ship you a few thread samples to do a comparison inside the cabin, with the correct lighting etc?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sorry to hear, man. how much longer now on those Ergomeds? I reckon they will be worth the wait, going to look awesome too.:tup:
The 8189 looks very close to Cherry Blossom Red, but isn't the STI interior closer to actual red? any way they can ship you a few thread samples to do a comparison inside the cabin, with the correct lighting etc?
I just went with the 8189 stitching, I thought the red threads on the GR seats were supposed to be Cherry Blossom Red. It slightly being off won't be that big a deal (but will definitely be taking pics and posting it). They are still waiting for the perforated Alcantara (for the inserts), as the Ergomed's I bought have the "ventilation" option which looks like it has a little fan and needs the perforation to actually blow air through and cool my underside. Can't wait to see what JPM did with yours, I know you had them match your interior (which doesn't have the "red" stitching theme).

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Fitted a new-to-me trunk floor cover (thanks wwrx!):tup:
needed a bit of a trim to accommodate the water tank, but its all good.

April should be a good month, got the seat & wheel coming, an appointment for Flexfuel kit install& tuning setup, and some vanity plates on the way...:D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Seat is on the way back from JPM:D
(pics from their Instagram page)

Not sure yet if i'll have time to install before my next business trip. Its going to be close:(

421 - 440 of 487 Posts