IW STi Forum banner

381 - 400 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Martin, if you dont mind me asking, how much did the 15 STI rack run you installed and OTD?

Also, what shop does all your powdercoat work?
I'll pm you with the costs, for the powdercoating i get everything done at RMS rolling & coating in Fremont, good shop:tup:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
Small Update on the Bridgestone RE970's, put them on back in Nov & finally getting some significant rain here.
In a word, awesome, these things have tons of dry grip, and now confirmed tremendous wet grip too.
Exactly what i was looking for when i bought them. These tires don't rank highly on tire rack as A/S tires because folks complain about snow performance, but i have Blizzak WS-70's for that.;)
But for cool, wet conditions they are great, so much safer than skating around on extreme summers as i did in previous years.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Bay Area proper? No snow - lol. Alot of guys do go up to Tahoe for winter sports and they think they need blizzaks where an A/S tire would do. The roads are well maintained heading to the resorts.

People out here seem to also think just because they see some snow, need AWD - lol..

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
Bay Area proper? No snow - lol. Alot of guys do go up to Tahoe for winter sports and they think they need blizzaks where an A/S tire would do. The roads are well maintained heading to the resorts.

People out here seem to also think just because they see some snow, need AWD - lol..
I don't think i need, i know i need. ;)
sure the highways are maintained pretty well most of the time, but if you are there in a storm, or venture off the main roads, climb driveways to cabins etc. then its great to have every advantage.
My approach is why make any compromise on safety & capability in winter conditions when its relatively cheap to get a set of dedicated tires...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Tires paid off today, it was a little bit damp & muddy outside :lol:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
One of my cloned TPMS sensors had gone bad on the wheels with the RE970's, and the dash light was back on again. Been that way since late October, but just too busy to get it looked at...
Today Auto Innovations helped to find it (passenger rear) & replace it with a new cloned sensor. Couple of miles later, no more annoying warning light :tup::)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Thought i'd add to my journal my E85 MPG data since the switch in 2011, started collecting the data in Oct'11.
Green diamonds were drives affected by trackdays, yellow were drives that were basically freeway cruising

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
ProLightz DRL Fog light Harness kit

Waiting on some new fogs before i install, got the JDM Multicoated ones on the way from Japan

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. JDM Multicoated Fogs

The fogs arrived from Japanparts, and the multi-coating with gold reflectors is a trip. Cant wait to see them on the car
<$300 with the current advantageous exchange rate

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. JDM Multicoated Fogs

Beautiful beam with these new fogs...

Only 1 securing screw on top for some reason.(USDM fogs have 2):confused:

Too bright for the iPhone

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Looks bright. How much difference from previous fog lights?
In normal non-foggy conditions, not a huge difference as most of the beam is down low, and still gets drowned out by the headlights. Out to the sides does appear brighter, which is good.
I expect it'll be better when it gets foggy here, and that leads to the next post...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Got my ProLightz Fog-DRL harness hooked up today, and its working great.
Fogs now running as DRL's

And another key selling point of the kit, you can finally run with just sidelights and fogs on, i.e. the best way in real fog.

I never understood why Subaru setup the USDM cars so you could only have Fogs on with the headlights, something that's not great in real foggy conditions:mad: It cant be a stupid law, since my MINI can run with sidelights & fogs as stock, as could my Focus before that:confused:
Anyway, the ProLightz kit finally provides a good solution for that, and its great!

381 - 400 of 487 Posts