IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Now with smoked tails

looks great!
i guess it does makes a difference on how light or chrome looking your tails are.
the gunsmoke was too dark on my mx-5 :)

J.
Yeah, i was told the same thing by my colleague Colin, a guy you know from your Miata days (he bought a strut bar from you. Small world, eh?)
He show'd me pics of gunsmoke on his miata, looked way too dark.
Somehow on the STI it looks very light, i guess i got lucky:lol:. Can't wait to show him on Monday.

Did you get your windows done yet? The shop SC subaru used was these guys, they also have a los gatos number
Transparent Glass Coatings Of Monterey Bay Inc - Soquel, CA- Transparent Glass Coating

·
Registered
12,474 Posts

Yeah, i was told the same thing by my colleague Colin, a guy you know from your Miata days (he bought a strut bar from you. Small world, eh?)
He show'd me pics of gunsmoke on his miata, looked way too dark.
Somehow on the STI it looks very light, i guess i got lucky:lol:. Can't wait to show him on Monday.

Did you get your windows done yet? The shop SC subaru used was these guys, they also have a los gatos number
OH! that was you he was talking about :)
did he make fun of you for not getting the recaro seats?

his mx5 looks great too, especially now that he's got the hard top on it, and some meaty tires.

no window tint yet.
depending on how soon i get done detailing it tomorrow, may actually get it tinted :)

you should show up to one of the local meets/bbq/install days sometime. we need more '08 sti's :)

ps: i've got a surprise lined up for monday *wink*wink*

J.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

Looks good!

Keep up the nice work...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

OH! that was you he was talking about :)
did he make fun of you for not getting the recaro seats?

his mx5 looks great too, especially now that he's got the hard top on it, and some meaty tires.

no window tint yet.
depending on how soon i get done detailing it tomorrow, may actually get it tinted :)

you should show up to one of the local meets/bbq/install days sometime. we need more '08 sti's :)

ps: i've got a surprise lined up for monday *wink*wink*

J.
I'll have to ask him what he said:lol: No comment on the recaro's yet, he hasnt even sat in my stockers. I'm still hoping SOA repent and bring the 'real' STI seats into the US, before i get broke trying to get one in myself.
I'd be up for some meets, but with my travel schedule its tough to plan ahead. Off to the land of JDM again on friday. hoping to squeeze some time to swing by Tachikawa & check out the ScLaBo there, but its tough to juggle trains, planes and hotels.
I'll check your journal for the surprise tomorrow.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Woot! for collection & pics

Wonder when did they made the change to the protection film. Like you said, its still too small. btw, when was your production date of your STI?

The dealer told me newly shipped STI's have more rear fender protection, there is now film on both the door and the wheel arch behind the door, which wraps the edge where folks were reporting a lot of chips. This pic tries to show that...

but still nothing above the rocker panel...

·
Registered
24 Posts

Wonder if the bigger film is exclusive to WRB STIs?
Cause a lot of the other ones have the smaller one.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Damn what a difference! This is exactly what I was looking for to do for my taillights - not too crazy for the red kits. I understand the film is applied on the outside - won't that cause problems - with peeling and such in the future. Is it possible and more beneficial to put on the inside????

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)

Recieved a small package from Japanparts today
(Cellphone pics, the wife has my camera:()
STI Radiator cap
STI IC->TB red hose
2Din AV panel
Subaru (PIAA) LED (PIAA) dome light

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)

Dome light install was a snap, i really like the new light, much brighter thru the whole cabin, and a nice kind of white, almost with a purple hue, light that makes the cabin look great and the seats almost glow:)

After pic, but the cellphone camera doesnt do it justice

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. A few new JDM bits.

thats a nice lil package you got today! i like the way your LEDs are packaged. my LED domes are not that good looking but it has maybe twice as many as the subaru one you got. i like the red hose, i might have to add that to my list of things to get!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

And since i was in a messing about with the car mood today, i finally got the IC painted with the much-missed STI
Used Duplicolor Caliper paint, codeBCP100. Printed the logo on Legal, (8.5*14) to get it a bit larger than letter. Made the stencil by laying down 3M blue painters tape on a glass tabletop, then fixing the print over the top, before cutting out the logo. Carrying the stencil to the car & centering on the IC was a bit of a pain, but i think it looks pretty good for <30mins work

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)

COBB AP2 arrived today:D

Flashed to Stage1 ACN91 (v101) on 5/23. So far have only had a quick spin out, ~12 miles. Seems to pull a bit better, but i'm not feeling all that much change yet. Hoping it will improve with more miles & learning

·
Registered
207 Posts

And since i was in a messing about with the car mood today, i finally got the IC painted with the much-missed STI
Used Duplicolor Caliper paint, codeBCP100. Printed the logo on Legal, (8.5*14) to get it a bit larger than letter. Made the stencil by laying down 3M blue painters tape on a glass tabletop, then fixing the print over the top, before cutting out the logo. Carrying the stencil to the car & centering on the IC was a bit of a pain, but i think it looks pretty good for <30mins work
I really liked the STI letters on the intercooler, wonder why the removed it in the first place:(

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Now Stage 1.

you installed the rad cap incorrectly.

look at the two oem rad caps, the one on the rad is rated at 137Kpa and the one near the intercooler is rated at 108Kpa.

if you install the 1.3bar or 130Kpa rad cap on the radiator, the rad cap near the intercooler will release the coolent at 108Kpa. making the new cap useless.

now if you install the 1.3bar or 130Kpa rad cap near the intercooler, it will release coolent at 130Kpa, and the OEM rad cap near the rad, will release at 137Kpa, if the STI rad cap was to fail to open.

21 - 40 of 487 Posts