IW STi Forum banner

241 - 260 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Laguna Seca Pics

Got the videos up on Youtube

Pretty happy with them, but need to get an interior mount so i can capture me + the view outside.

Wheelcam

Bumpercam

Dashcam

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Liberal LED Reflectors

My Xmas present arrived just in time this morning from Japan...:)

Quick install, thanks to the instructions posted up by DubyaSTi in his journal, and the results look great!:D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. GTSpec wheel

Saw the GTSpec wheel review thread & for the price it looked great. Ordered based on that, it arrived today & it is a really nice piece, feels great in the hands, cant wait to install...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. GTSpec wheel

Install was really easy, i used electrical tape to make sure the alignment was good before & after, and the end result looks fantastic.
Low-light iPhone pic, but you get the idea.

Cant wait to drive it tomorrow:D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Laguna Seca Video is up!

From my 2nd trackday there on Feb 24th, had the pro video setup on the car, multi cameras, GPS tracking etc. They put the fastest lap from each session up on youtube before they send you the full DVD, so here they are...

Session 3 - 1:53

Session2 was a shade slower - 1:56, so i guess i was making progress

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Laguna Seca Video is Up!

How do you get access for lapping Laguna?

I'm in FL, where I can access Daytona or Sebring, through various clubs.

One day I will be making a trip to Laguna...not anytime soon, but one day.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #250

How do you get access for lapping Laguna?

I'm in FL, where I can access Daytona or Sebring, through various clubs.

One day I will be making a trip to Laguna...not anytime soon, but one day.
Just find a club that runs events there, there are a bunch around, i have been using Hooked on Driving so far, i like their small run groups of ~25, thats one reason it looks like i have the track to myself :)

·
Registered
521 Posts

This thread is a great way to waste hours at work!!!!! :D

Love your car!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #252

This thread is a great way to waste hours at work!!!!! :D

Love your car!
Thanks!
Just got this new part in, will get it installed before the next trackday, hope i will notice some difference before/after

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Cusco H brace installed

Got the cusco brace installed over the weekend, also an oil change & brake fluid flush, to get ready for next trackday on 12th. Hoping i can feel some difference...

Also, today i installed these Titanium shims from Girodisc, a little extra insurance against boiling the brake fluid. Still cant figure out why the stock shims are cut at an angle:confused:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Cusco H Brace & Ti Shims

Fine warm afternoon today - great weather to put a coat of hi-temp flat black paint on my Quantum motorsports front brake duct plates. look like nice pieces, and a good deal for $85

finding time to get installed & fab up a duct kit will be the hard part...

·
Registered
2,485 Posts

^Are those modified so that it doesn't come in at an angle? I bought the Quantum ducts myself but returned it after realizing that It won't clear my Track 17"s

Just run the duct thru the fender liner and to your Foglight sockets! :tup: If you're willing to give up the fog lights, that is. :p

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #256

^Are those modified so that it doesn't come in at an angle? I bought the Quantum ducts myself but returned it after realizing that It won't clear my Track 17"s

Just run the duct thru the fender liner and to your Foglight sockets! :tup: If you're willing to give up the fog lights, that is. :p
No, just as i bought them, the entry ducts are welded onto the plates at an angle.
Uh-oh, dont tell me they need to be modified to work. I was hoping for a simple fitting process. I will be running 18" BBS, but occasionally run 17" BBS(05-07 rims).

As for the ducts, i bought some Z06 ducts, after reading some other threads on here, they look 'plausible' that with some adjustment they may work. If not then i'll figure something else out, but was hoping to find a way to keep the fogs, put the duct beside them. If not then they can be easily removed for the track

·
Registered
2,485 Posts

No, just as i bought them, the entry ducts are welded onto the plates at an angle.
Uh-oh, dont tell me they need to be modified to work. I was hoping for a simple fitting process. I will be running 18" BBS, but occasionally run 17" BBS(05-07 rims).

As for the ducts, i bought some Z06 ducts, after reading some other threads on here, they look 'plausible' that with some adjustment they may work. If not then i'll figure something else out, but was hoping to find a way to keep the fogs, put the duct beside them. If not then they can be easily removed for the track
mmm... yeah it'll be fun to run the hose in the 17" wheels... it's not impossible, but there's not a whole lot of room, that's for sure

What are these z06 ducts you speak of? I'm interested! :tup:

·
Registered
728 Posts

I saw the z06 ducs and almost bought them when i did mine...i decided to just try the hose first and see how that fit, its been almost 2 years and they are still like that ;)

if you want pics of how i cut the undertray to make them fit let me know........as for routing them trhough the foglights I did mine with an ac reducer from home depot in such a way that I could just take them off and replace the fogs

hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #259

I saw the z06 ducs and almost bought them when i did mine...i decided to just try the hose first and see how that fit, its been almost 2 years and they are still like that ;)

if you want pics of how i cut the undertray to make them fit let me know........as for routing them trhough the foglights I did mine with an ac reducer from home depot in such a way that I could just take them off and replace the fogs

hope that helps ;)
That helps a lot, thanks!
It would be great to see the pics of how you cut the undertray, give me some ideas to work with.
I was looking today & there is a fair sized channel from the bumper to the wheel-well in between of the undertray and the fender liner/splash guards. It looked to me like a hose could be jammed in there easily, but getting past the wheel with clearance remains the issue.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #260

mmm... yeah it'll be fun to run the hose in the 17" wheels... it's not impossible, but there's not a whole lot of room, that's for sure

What are these z06 ducts you speak of? I'm interested! :tup:
Here is a pic from today, just seeing how/where the duct could fit

The whole piece is longer than can be seen, and angles down, but it is soft enough to be easily bent/squashed into place, so it might be possible to use it with some trimming. I need to secure it to the car body & then see if the wheel clearance is OK or not

241 - 260 of 487 Posts