IW STi Forum banner

201 - 220 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Suspension mods completed

Happy birthday to my STI, 3 years old today & just shy of 21k.:)
Its been a great, trouble-free 3 years...:tup:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

nice low milage~! the rides looking good~! im just a tad over 50k and 2 blown motors..~ :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #203

nice low milage~! the rides looking good~! im just a tad over 50k and 2 blown motors..~ :rolleyes: :lol:
Hey man, the tale of 2 subarus eh?. I'm determined to get mine on the track this year, so maybe i'll be joining you on an engine rebuild (hoping not though) :lol:
Hows the 3rd engine working out?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

well~ the 3rd motor built by Yimi has been running strong and showing no signs of smoke or anything else so far~ i just wished that i could own her longer than i did. gonna be letting her go in this coming month to alleviate a financial burden. if theres any accessory parts you see that you might want, let me know and we'll work it out if possible. gonna be listing some parts up for sale in the next few weeks... :crying:

its back to driving my plain jane contour svt for now... :censored:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. New Floormats, eh

Out with the old, in with the new...

Jumped on those Canadian STI floormats, for $99 + $20 shipping cant go wrong, & they look & feel much better than the std mats

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #206

Getting the bits together for Stage2 / E85 protune. So far have the DW850's, the DW 300lph fuel pump & a boost solenoid on hand. :D
My COBB catted DP is currently at Swaintech for their white lightning ceramic coating, should get it in early Aug, then it'll be time for the install & protune, plan to have a 91octane map & an E85 map made.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #208

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-exterior-parts/222375-jdm-headlamp-washer-system-new.html

that has your name written allll over it! doo eet doo eet~ :tup:

i see some hp planning uh? :cool:

well, i've my sti pink springs and cobb short shifter left to remove from the gr and some accents from here to there then its bye bye time... :crying:
HP planning indeed! got the final parts today, Coated DP looks superb, and got an SPT heatshield to go over the stocker:D

Off for the tune on Friday if all goes well it'll be E85 on Saturday

·
Registered
630 Posts

Looks nice! Loving the ceramic coating on the Cobb DP. I'm considering doing that along with a port job on my Evo's exhaust manifold somewhere down the line.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. Stg2+E85

The picture says a 1000 words...:D
stock car would be 200whp/230wtq

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

Awesome!

Hey can you tell me how you sanded and masked the fog light grill things, because it seems hard to mask the outer side since there's not much room there. I'm trying to paint those black as well!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #212

Awesome!

Hey can you tell me how you sanded and masked the fog light grill things, because it seems hard to mask the outer side since there's not much room there. I'm trying to paint those black as well!
Not much room, but i just used little scraps of sandpaper to get it there, just tore them off the main sheet & took my time to work them into the corners.
Same thing for the masking, just used lots of itty-bitty tape pieces to construct the mask around all the curves & indents. I'm sure it isn't perfect, but that's the good thing, a bit of black over-spray on black plastic isn't visible...

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

Cool, thanks!

Hey so it's okay to coat the cat? People keep telling me don't coat my cat.. lol, I want to coat my DP as well next year, looks like crap right now

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #214

Cool, thanks!

Hey so it's okay to coat the cat? People keep telling me don't coat my cat.. lol, I want to coat my DP as well next year, looks like crap right now
Ya, I forgot to ask swaintech to leave the cat uncoated, means it will get hotter & probably shorten the life. Never mind, it can always be replaced later if it fails

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #216

So your clear coat paint you used, is it durable or not? Because it seems any clear I use seems very soft...
I didnt use any clear coat (I assume we are talking about the fog covers), just the flat black paint. It held up better than the body paint after a trip to the mountains last winter:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts

well I assume any dings or pitting will go back down to the plastic black?

I'm just trying to find a good clear that isn't the 2 part urethane stuff, I know that's the best but I don't want to pay nor get my lungs messed up with that toxic ****

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: S'poreSTI Redux - 08 WRB/Gold. New Floormats, eh

Out with the old, in with the new...

Jumped on those Canadian STI floormats, for $99 + $20 shipping cant go wrong, & they look & feel much better than the std mats
What site/where did you order these?? $99 + Shipping is great. Thinking of getting some of these for summers and throwing the stockers in for ski season.

201 - 220 of 487 Posts