IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The site has changed and not for the better I think.
Before, I'd go to the 15+ section and that is all I had in there. Now we have all the models and searching through for 15+related posts is as time consuming as with Nasioc. Pity :(

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Perhaps I have failed to communicate why this action was taken and how members can still find exactly what they were discovering before with the same amount of ease.

If you are in the marketplace forum, click SEARCH THIS FORUM and search for '2015 or 2016 or 2017' (without the single quotation):
2016-07-23_2052 - DomainArchitect's library

The same can be done in individual forums.

Yes, admittedly, this is requiring one extra step by members who are browsing. However, I cannot tell you how many members over the life of the forum have requested marketplace consolidation. There are tremendous number of parts that are shared across models that span more than 4 years.

Thus, maintaining multiple sets of classified ads based on chassis or a certain range of model years was problematic because some members whose parts fit multiple chassis' would need to maintain duplicate posts in those forums. Likewise, members who wanted parts for their cars would search one set of forums but not know to search the others.

Consolidation nipped this problem in the bud and using the above search technique outlined in the video produced substantially the same opportunity to browse threads for sale based on model year albeit with the additional search step (rather than clicking into a new subforum).

·
Super Moderator
8,017 Posts
Yes, agreed with Kevin. When the GR came in, it created a divide on the forums where information was silo'd that was platform independent. Having the same car divided didn't create community, just segregation.

There are still plenty of ways to get to specific information, just as you had it before, but now is available to everyone instead of just a small segment of users.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts