IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get a speeding ticket while driving their WRX? I almost did tonight...a mustang cut me off and signaled rather late, pissed me off. I dropped to 4th and stayed close behind then did a few lane changes at 90 and as I was going onto the ramp to another freeway, this cop pulls behind me almost outta nowhere. Fortunately even though it was dark I recognized the headlights and silhouette of the black & white and slowed down (didn't brake, just let off the gas) but the pinché cop switched lanes to the right of me which is where I needed to go...anyway he shines the damn light in my face and I couldn't get over in time and ended up going East instead of West...oh well at least I didn't get pulled over :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Similar situation (except I don't have a WRX and it was a Grand Am). I had to slow down because my exit was coming up but guess who was there. The cop got next to me and turned a light on to let me know he was there, but he kept going.

S

·
0 Posts
Has any independant test done?

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away...

I got pulled over by a half dozen black and whites, after being pursued through the winding mountains of Northern California (through two counties). Anyway, I am not kidding when I say the track is the place for hot dogging.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Two days after I bought my WRX I was trying it out on this typical crappy pennsylvania road (anyone that has been here knows what I'm talking about) when a police car going the opposite direction passed me on one of the hairpins.

I shake off the little shudder and keep on going. I get to the top of the hill and ALL OF A SUDDEN (hehe) there's this police car behind me with his lights on and siren going.

He pulls me over and we have a discussion. Apparently, when he passed me in the hairpin he saw the cars suspension setup and biting and assumed that I was speeding. He then told me he turned around and was doing 80 to try and catch me (speed limit is 35 mph).

He reinforced his argument that I was speeding because his car had a "big V8 engine" and he "couldn't keep up with me".

We went to court and I came equipped with diagrams, maps, and talking points. I beat him into intellectual submission by asking if he understood physics and the R*T = D formula. The magistrate agreed with me.

Although I WAS speeding it seemed like such a bullshit way to get pulled over that I just couldn't let him win.

I have gotten a ticket since then, open highway, no bullshit and I paid the fine, no arguments.

If your going to drive fast you are going to get a ticket.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was paced at 106mph (limit was 75mph) by an Arizona highway patrol sometime last winter in my WRX.

I think he chose 106mph just bcause it bump me up into a criminal traffic violaltion instead of a regular traffic ticket where at least I can go to traffic school. Boy was he pissed, he made my girlfriend drive before letting us go. At least he didn't get me when I was doing 140mph+ about a half hour before.

Please don't flame me guys, I know its not an excuse but I was on the I-10 at about 1am with empty highway for miles at a time and no exits or on-ramps. I just couldn't help myself. :-?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once upon a time…

I had the pleasure of getting two other idiots (besides myself :) ) pulled over for screwing around. I used to commute thought about 58 traffic lights over a distance of 20 miles to work. The first instance I was jockeying for position on a four lane road with a guy I had cut off a couple of times with intelligent lane changes. He wanted to cut me off behind a dump truck so bad he ignored the stale yellow that turned red and cars stated making the right and left turns. Everyone in the intersection slammed on there breaks, including this yahoo and he proceeded to weave through the stopped cars making their turns. The second car to turn in his direction was a cruiser that was all hot and heavy for him. The light turned green after the police had him shouldered, I slowed down as I drove by and just smiled and waived, he flipped me the bird and shouted a couple of words I could clearly lip read. The only thing I am not sure of is if the cop got to see the same great show of affection for a fellow motorist. :D
The second instance was at this Michigan left turn where people are always trying to cut in to the one lane from the out side, to make matters worse you had to bust butt to make the light. Well, I was in the outside lane trying to get the jump on this lady before the light changed, but see saw me coming raced me all the way I pushed her so hard that she could not stop before the light changed red and rolled right out into traffic. What happened next must have been her bad karma, she cut off two speeding cursers with their lights and sirens going. The leading car locked up all fours and smoked them before it stopped and missed her by inches. It pulled out and continued on to its emergency while the second one shouldered her. These happened about three weeks apart.
I am glad I have moved to a much more rural location, I can suppress my competitive edge a lot easier when I am not tested all the time (or maybe it has something to do with age) :wink:

·
Drive True
6,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's hilarious, serious funk! Similar although less funny thing happened to me...I was driving fairly fast last night when this beat-up old station wagon with 4 guys in it tried racing me. I effortlessly stayed at least 2 car lengths in front of them and then coming up to a stop light, I hit the brakes moderately hard at the last moment, to stop right at the limit line. These clowns in their lame attempt to keep up, went past the crosswalk and a few feet into the intersection! I just busted up laughing, it was too dark to see if they glared back at me but I know they saw me. LMAO some people are so stupid!

·
Registered
886 Posts
i've raced zo6's, vipers, and 911's in my gold pontiac grand prix and they beat me and didn't even know i was racing them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I got pulled over by a motorcycle cop for doing 75 in a 65, and he gave me a ticket ON MY BIRTHDAY. Man, the CHP are a bunch of heartless bastards... :cry:

·
Registered
963 Posts
My favorite getting some other idiot pulled over story...

I was driving back from New Orleans, in Mississippi at the time, and was about to change to the left lane and fly past somebody doing the speed limit. There was a pickup truck from Alabama behind me.

At that time, the Miss. State Police had mobile radar, but had to drive on the left shoulder on the other side of the road doing about 20 mph (obvious!!). I had a lousy radar detector that worked well enough for something like this.

This was broad daylight.

I signaled, pulled into the left lane and was just about to floor it when my radar detector went off. I signaled and pulled back behind the vehicle I was just going to pass - I hadn't seen the cop yet.

The moment I pulled back into the lane, the idiot in the Alabama truck flew around me and immediately got pulled over.

I never laughed so hard before or since...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts