IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone feel their car gets slower and slower the more they drive it? for some reason I've found the STi to be quite slow. I mean its pretty damn cool how i can get up to 150mph on the freeway express lanes then slam my brakes to a complete stop then mash out again up to 150 again before i even cross the bridge. maybe its because i drive to the maximum everyday going to work. What are some easy ways to make the car faster thats easy to take out so when i go in for service at the dealership they won't know.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
??? why does everyone say this car is slow(edit... ok not everyone, but I dont see how anyone can question its performance abilities)? This is the fastest car I've ever been in, in my life. Even feels faster then my dad's 1970 428 cobra jet mustang with all the fixins... well if you need more mods, check my sig, other then the inlet pipe, they are all easily removable and do create a serious amount of speed. If you want the maximum pull... you'll need to wait for an ecu probably, but I bet a downpipe and MBC will make your car feel like a rocket, as it will spool insanely fast. Good luck

Robert~

·
Registered
389 Posts
Take the Saab and like it!

LaZy4zNbOi said:
aite i'll wait for that ECU. I'm the youngest and fastest driver at school... I mean I've only had my license for 8 months... and for some reason all my friends dropped their jaws when i said my car's slow. I guess it just doesn't feel fast because it syncs so well. it tucks you in and goes with you so well it doesn't give you that really really strong pull feeling as if you were just sitting there and the car just came up and swooped you away. (yes i'm 16... i don't care what people say about novice drivers I always practice and know my limits.)
No offense, but you dont. I also dont think youve had enough experience to know whats fast.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Limits can (and will) be tested over time.

I've been driving almost as long as you've been alive. There are STILL some limits I don't know too well.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
If you want the feel of pull. . . do a FMIC. . . you'll get hella turbo lag. . . then it'll SEEM like you're going faster. :D

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
There's ALWAYS the drag strip and autocross course. Those are places even a 32 year old like me will still go to really open her up.

Should look into that before you give up all hope. :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bouncing Idle

oh i go to SIR all the time. High school Drags is this saturday the 27th at SIR... but i'm not gonna go. I haven't given up on her. I know she's go the potiential. I might use it a bit here and there without my gf knowing. But I've really considered slowing down and obeying the law. for her safety and mine.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Haha, goes from fearless untouchable race car man, to getting smacked down like a helpless puppy by his girl overnight. Gotta love high school. :lol:

Sorry for the flamebait - couldnt resist.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Slammed dow like a puppy dog? Lol she never told me. Even when I asked she didn't want to restict me of my style in driving. We've been together since we could remember which goes back to the third grade. She's put up with a lot and the least I can do is slow down for her. Don't worry ill sneak my STi down to the track every once in a while (prolly once or twice a year)

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
I have to admit, it IS nice to see some of the younger guys taking note and at least make a concerted effort to slow down in public. Bravo! :D

M

·
0 Posts
LaZy4zNbOi said:
I mean its pretty damn cool how i can get up to 150mph on the freeway express lanes then slam my brakes to a complete stop then mash out again up to 150 again before i even cross the bridge.

If this is a true indication of how you drive the car on public roads, then you are looking at a very short life.

=/

·
Registered
542 Posts
LaZy4zNbOi ...
damm... how did you get into an STI?

Lucky kid....
I am 30' now, but when I was your age... I sure wasn't ready for a car like this. More than likely, I'd be dead by now, if I had an STi when I was your age.... Regardless, just play by the rulez and be safe.... :wink:

·
Registered
382 Posts
i have no problem driving this car at 16, probably going to take my roadtest in it because i'm most comfortable in it, but i will admit no 16 year old can know this cars limits, unless you were born into racing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
lazy4znboi

I know what you mean. I do sometimes feel that the car is not fast enough. But after really thinking about it, and testing the vehicle to its limit, it is indeed fast. The reason why it doesnt feel that fast is because the STI doesnt give you a GForce pull. Other cars have more turbo lag, and when the turbo kicks in, it gives you that hard pull. the STI however has a wide band of torque, and so you dont feel that. here is a thread i posted earlier about the Gforce of the STI, and others explain it pretty well of why the Gforce, you really cant feel like as in a Mitsu Eclipse turbo. It doesnt feel fast to my likings, but i can assure you that if you put it on a track, you will be quite amazed at the 1/4 mile time you recieve, compared to those other cars who have a really strong pull (gforce), but actually only runs 15's and high 14's on the 1/4 mile strip.

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/postnuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2751&highlight=

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
y2ks2k said:
LaZy4zNbOi said:
aite i'll wait for that ECU. I'm the youngest and fastest driver at school... I mean I've only had my license for 8 months... and for some reason all my friends dropped their jaws when i said my car's slow. I guess it just doesn't feel fast because it syncs so well. it tucks you in and goes with you so well it doesn't give you that really really strong pull feeling as if you were just sitting there and the car just came up and swooped you away. (yes i'm 16... i don't care what people say about novice drivers I always practice and know my limits.)
No offense, but you dont. I also dont think youve had enough experience to know whats fast.
ya exactly... after I read that he has had his lisence for months, not even years, I could tell this was going to be a useless thread as he doesnt even know what fast is Im sure. That and to those of us <me> who could only dream of cars like these and then actually get to own one, I dont know how I could insult it in any way. Man this is one of the best cars ever.

Robert~

If you want to feel some real power get yourself a cobra huck huck, them things go faster then the word of God.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no experience whats fast? flying down a drag strip at 103mph? or in a twin turbo supra turbo zoomin down the track at 210+mph shooting laughing gas the whole way? Sorry if I'm sounding rude. Its just iunno i'm really giving up speeding now and i'm just sorta venting. Yea I told my gf I'm giving up speeding. she was so happy she couldn't breathe and almost passed out. thats a good thing right? :wink: the happy part?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.