IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me what's the RPM in 6th gear @ 75 MPH? (Stock STi please)

Thanks.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Curbed it in the snow

a fraction over 3000

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, how about 65 MPH, 6th gear.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
dont remember who posted this originally, but credits to them :D

Attachments

·
Registered
949 Posts
personally, i want to hit 60-65 in 2nd.
right now i get to about 55-57 in 2nd and have to shift to 3rd.

fyi: the viper and gt40 (and i'm sure others) hit 60 in 1st gear and under 4secs! wow!
ya, price is wow too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
You would want 2nd gear to be longer just to make the 0-60 time?

Lame.

·
Registered
521 Posts
b0rf said:
You would want 2nd gear to be longer just to make the 0-60 time?

Lame.
people have their own preferences. dont knock on him. im sure you have your own preferences as well.

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
2nd gear making 60 would be cool for on paper #'s mainly in driving 60 in 2nd wouldnt matter that much would it?

·
Registered
949 Posts
eatV8 said:
2nd gear making 60 would be cool for on paper #'s mainly in driving 60 in 2nd wouldnt matter that much would it?
ya basically just a preference.
wouldn't it make the 0-60 a bit quicker?
ya know, for us lame people with those little g-2 in car doohickies that time useless crap like that. :wink:

sorry borf, i'll be sure to ask your opinion on things when forming my own :roll:

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
chrisfx811 said:
personally, i want to hit 60-65 in 2nd.
right now i get to about 55-57 in 2nd and have to shift to 3rd.

fyi: the viper and gt40 (and i'm sure others) hit 60 in 1st gear and under 4secs! wow!
ya, price is wow too!
well not having to shift 2 times I bet would cut .5 seconds off our 0-60 too ;)? Granted they have a little more hp, but you see what im saying.

Robert~

·
Registered
9 Posts
Am i the only one who thinks 5th gear is too tall compared to 4th?

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
4MLA1FN said:
all we need is an ecu flash to move the redline up about 200rpm. then you could get to 60 in 2nd. :)
I reved to almost 7500 once by accident. The engine revs very easily, if your foot is not completely out of the gas when the clutch goes all the way in, it will still rev. Anyway, it didn't cause me any problems. I'm not going to make a habit out of it. In fact, when accelerating hard, I normally shift anywhere from 500 - 100 RPM under redline.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts