IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope my budget requirement differentiates my post enough to warrant some responses :)

I'd like to spend around 1k for front and rear speakers, an amp to power them, and an amp to power the Polk Momo 12" sub (spec'ed at 500W rms & 1000W max @ 4 ohms) I already have.

I'm going for a headunit-less car pc setup. I'm pretty knowledgable about the PC part, but am newbish to car audio.

If you could also tell me where to buy the items, that'd be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
I did some research (on some car audio forums) and I found there are some good deals going on.

For speakers, I have the CDT Cl61a components for the front, and CL5X in the rear that I bought from www.thezeb.com for 200 shipped. The rears usually sell for 100 and the fronts for 300, but they're on sale.

For amps, I chose Avionixx 400.2 for my fronts, and a bridged 400.2 for my sub (this'll give around 400-500W RMS at 14.4 volts). I am powering the rears with my headunit, so you'll have to change things up a bit. Each of those amps is 185 and their quality is very good. The people on the online forums say that they're equal to anything less than 400 bucks a piece out right now. The website for these is www.edesignaudio.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts