IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
do these adapters let you run those speakers under the OEM door grill covers?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I stand corrected....6.5" front, 4" rear is what I put in a buddies STi a while back. Front would have been a direct bolt in, had I not needed more depth (Infinity Perfects). Same for the rears.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
but will the stock OEM suby grills still be in place or do they get replaced by the aftermarket speaker's?

·
Registered
208 Posts
2fas4u said:
but will the stock OEM suby grills still be in place or do they get replaced by the aftermarket speaker's?
Yes you will still use your factory door panel speaker grills. I think what you have to look at is the mounting depths on the larger speakers. Try going to nasioc & search, it has been covered many times over there.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I've got 6.5's in both front and rear. I used ia's adaptors for the front. Search on my username. I've done a couple of writeups about the istall. Botom line, is its easy to get 6.5's into the rear. Actually easier than the front, since you don't have depth issues with the window glass.

(in the rear the windown doesn't roll down all the way) hardest thinga bout 6.5's in the rear was getting up the nerve to cut the inner door skin. then it took all of 10 minutes.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
thanks guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts