IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have another question for everyone on a subject that is not usually talked about. What is the best option for spark plugs to run with e85 and what gap should I set them at? For some that may not know my cars setup, it's far from stock, on high boost it pushes around 23# and makes 450whp. Engine is running fine but want to change them before heading to the dyno after I change out factory header.
To answer one further question, it looks like it's running factory coils, if that matters.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd ask the tuner but I believe I'm 2 steps colder? unsure since I built it 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
You should most likely ask your tuner. I would like to think that ngk 1 step colder spark plugs should be fine. Keep in mind that those will not last as long as OEM. Also when doing the spark plugs, double check the gap. They should come pre gapped but its always best to check and make sure.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have pretty much ran a high ethanol blend gas for 3 years now, typically never below E50, and my tuner recommends NGK 1 step colder plugs gapped to .022 for my setup.

I change them every 10-15k

·
Super Moderator
8,487 Posts
I have pretty much ran a high ethanol blend gas for 3 years now, typically never below E50, and my tuner recommends NGK 1 step colder plugs gapped to .022 for my setup.

I change them every 10-15k

This car is far from stock as well, around 500whp... Maybe more with this new motor. :p

35 PSI?

That is my recommendation on plugs for your setup. Ethanol does a good job at removing heat, so you don't need your plug to bleed so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts