IW STi Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yukonart said:
As far as sliders go (for whoever asked) you get the universal sliders from Sparco (one for each seat) then get the specified base brackets for the WRX.
cool. thanks for that.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
you mean the airbag light resistor thingy? if so, please post the company info when you have a chance. this'll come up again for sure.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
FYI, I also changed my seats and have the airbag problem. When I asked my Subaru guy and the place I bought my seats from, all of the them directed me to the forums. My Subaru Dealership mechanic cautioned me from experimenting and told me a story of a guy he knew who was working on teh air bag system. THis person installed something that triggered every airbag in the car. The driver and passenger side airbags blew out the front windshield which was blown straight up into the air. It ultimately came down to hit him in the head, or so the story was told. Anyway, $8400 later and the car was repaired.

So I weighed my options; a small airbag light versus $8500 plus the airbag light. As soon as somebody knows and is absolutely sure, please inform us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup, 3.3 ohm resistance is what you want. I put Recaros in my STI (feels a million times better than stock seats) , along with the resistors to get rid of the air bag light. They work great. They are pretty easy to install, just push them into the connector. The body of the resistor actually fits inside the connector. Getting em back out may be a pain though. :)

I have a few left if anyone needs some. I posted a thread on nasioc about em.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=465448

Later
JayB

·
Registered
168 Posts
JayB if you still have a couple left, I'll take them. Please pm me your address so I can mail you the donations:). Tried to reply to your post on nasioc but wont let me for some reason. Let me know.

Thanks.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts