IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol: It seems that all the other subaru forums are closing the STi sections, so this will get to be a busy place :lol:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
stock dyno #s by APS

Welcome, and tell all your friends to come over here too. :)

JJ

·
Registered
32 Posts
One more 'Noob' as the moderators on NASIOC like to call us with derision, (as well as being patronising and downright rude), recently signed on here.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Good to see you guys coming over. We may not have ALL the information, but you can feel comfortable asking questions around here.

Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
This whole "STi noob" thing has me really ticked off. I for one have been a Subaru fan for almost 10 years, have had two Subies before this (a 85 GL and a 2000 RS), and I take offense to that attitude exibited by the very few...

On the other side of things, just because I have a STi I don't expect to be exalted at local meets either. I just love Scoobies, especially Impreza's. All years, models, etc. I still have my 2000 RS. ;)

I think and believe that STi owners want and need a seperate forum for thier car. Face it, this is unlike any Subaru ever sold in North America, so I think it deserves it's own site and forum dedicated just to it- Hence this site. Nasioc, Clubwrx, I-Club all serve a much wider audience- and that's cool. I just wanted to have a site dedicated to the STi, that's all. I hope everybody enjoys and contributes to what is and will be the best dedicated STi site out there.

Thanks,

JJ

·
Registered
343 Posts
JJ said:
This whole "STi noob" thing has me really ticked off. I for one have been a Subaru fan for almost 10 years, have had two Subies before this (a 85 GL and a 2000 RS), and I take offense to that attitude exibited by the very few...

On the other side of things, just because I have a STi I don't expect to be exalted at local meets either. I just love Scoobies, especially Impreza's. All years, models, etc. I still have my 2000 RS. ;)

I think and believe that STi owners want and need a seperate forum for thier car. Face it, this is unlike any Subaru ever sold in North America, so I think it deserves it's own site and forum dedicated just to it- Hence this site. Nasioc, Clubwrx, I-Club all serve a much wider audience- and that's cool. I just wanted to have a site dedicated to the STi, that's all. I hope everybody enjoys and contributes to what is and will be the best dedicated STi site out there.

Thanks,

JJ

Amen brother! Donations coming your way!

The whole NoOb bashing is really classless especially by the mods. To me, they no longer have any credibility when they start taunting their own members. How ironic they point to the Sti owners as the ones with elite attitude.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
^^i agree about the attitude thing. i see what they say about the STI not being TOO different form a wrx , but it is . i especially like how i-club sez the sti is no mechanical wonder over a reg wrx. you would think if anything they would realize that we don't want to go thru hundreds of posts about the new turbo kit the guy put on his 2.0 to get 300 hp,or busted trannies (i love you prodrive!),or about what rims fit on a gc8. it is a different car,and alot of people were on those sti forums. well hopefully at least this site will hang tight!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Another Noob leaves the island of egocentrism. I'm a car fanatic. If I don't 'GET' it, I don't wanna 'GET' it. It gets real old dealing with exclusionaries and elitists.
:roll:

M

·
0 Posts
Welcome everyone, should be interesting to see how many people end up here as a result of the other forums changes.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I know I am getting tired of reading all th eposts bashing STi owners. Just because this is my first Subaru doesn't mean I am not an enthusiast. I have been a car nut for a long time. I was raised talking about hot rods and now I am into imports. I prefer the small, pocket rockets. It is refreshing to be in this forum and I hope all the people coming over here appreciate it. Thanks JJ.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It's funny - this is the first Subie forum I joined, then Nasioc and a few others crossed my radar. Man, what a diff't attitude over there! I've always favored this site for its' welcoming attitude and willingness to help those that may not be as knowledgeable, + it's set up very well. Hopefully many years down the road I can be one of the vets helping the "noobs" (God I hate that term too!) and this site will still be going strong, as I'm certain it will. On a side note I am without my STi till next week as my alarm and system are going in.....taking one pro installer a FULL WEEK to get it all done.....can't wait! :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here - Was on the I-Club for 3 years. and NASIOC for along time. The Moderators with the exception of Glenn have gotten power hungy.
I will still visit the others though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Re: Window tint

well at least there is board dedicated to the STi, i just recently found this site too!

long live the STi! :D

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The best part about the combination of a place like this and places like NASIOC.....people here lurk those sites, come back with 'hot' information...so it's like the best of both worlds! You get the wider view of happenings or developments without the trash talking and BS!

I just hope we can all keep the same attitude here. I know I can come home from the office certain days in a tirade and want to take it out on others. I hope we can all remember we are on this forum for the friendly STi only environment.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm glad so many people are making the trip. I actually was "kicked off" of NASIOC about 2 months ago for having the guts to stand up to a moderator there. If you have a rift with a moderator there, and you have a valid, intelligent argument......and you can articulate that on the board without using ANY profanity...guess what......

you'll be banned immediately.....case closed.

You can't win over there......no matter what. Look at Sporty Bry's recent problems. He had a perfectly sound, intelligent argument.......the moderators didn't agree and he got a "timeout". I think I got a few of those in Kindergarten.
Its their board and their rules and they can do what they want.....and we can go elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
"IMPREZAWRXSTi.COM
All STi, All The Time" .........yeah THAT'S more like it.

Not new to this forum, but I am a new member.

-STiLL

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too plan on spending a lot more time on here, and a lot less time on the NASIOC/I-Club sites. As a fellow forum admin, I follow the exact opposite line of thinking that places like NASIOC do. I think of myself as providing a service, and want to make that service work as well as possible for who use it, not making people try to conform to how I think they should discuss things. :roll: Anyways. So far I've already gotten some great info from here about downloading STi manuals, as well as stereo install stuff. Glad to be here, hope to be a part of what seems like a great new community!

kerz

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.