IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put down some horrible numbers haha, not sure wtf is up. Prolly the heat soaking from the ARC intake.

Specs:
Car has 3060 miles on at the time of the dyno
Running on 94 octane
ARC intake

anyways dyno plots this weekend to come.

Max power = 203.2 @ 6250
Max Tourque= 199.8 @ 4000

by 4252 rpm the car was running pig rich at 10.5 or so and by 5201 stuck constant at 10.

On another run i saw it sitting near 9/9.2 afr after 5000rpm

Car was pretty heat soaked from sitting in stop and go for 30 minutes prior. although i dont know if this is a contributory factor. Ahh well.

I wish i would have done a before nad after with the intake, but i will do that another day. I mainly did this run to verify that the intake was/would not cuase any issues, although i may be taking it off now haha

For reference, stock STI's dyno about 217-220 hp on this Mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Typical, the stock fuel map is pig rich as is. Engine managment is the only way to solve the problem and a custom tune is the only way to solve OTS mapping running rich. Rich ='s safe.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I am glad the STi runs rich stock. Rich is safe and less prone to detonation. I live in AZ and see 100+ degrees a lot. I like to floor it every chance I get. I want it as safe as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
our cars run rich period. Even with EM it will still be rich if want to keep it safe and not torpedo it. Granted it wont be 9.5, but your exhaust will always be black inside.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Haha and a little white if your running meth/alky/racegas ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts