IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi y'all.

In 2004 I felt in visual love with the STi 2004 (blue with gold rim). I say visual because until September 2015, I never drove an STi or WRX and never sat in one. At that time I didn't wanted to anyway, because I knew that if I did, I would have wanted one right away.

I'm a new Subaru owner since September. Bought a used STi 2015 (38000km), sport package. I took a test drive for the 1st time with the seller/rep. Man, I was blown away! I was won! Already, after not even a 2 minutes drive. Got my dreamed car and it's a dream to drive. I'm still excited on how the car handle and the power/performance it have, stock... Woahhh ! :D

I drove Subaru's car when I was younger, they were not mine. Also at that time, I wasn't conscious of the "World" :)

I remember driving my parent's Subaru XT4. It was fun! the car was white, with a weird shaped shifter. It was turbocharged. There was a button that once pressed, the car suspension would lower at 100km/h. Subaru XT - Wikipedia

After that they got a Legacy... At 16 years old I bouht my 1st car, going from a Camaro to a Sprint turbo, a Z24, an SE-R and a Cruze (which was exchange for the STi).
Pictures here: SomeOne's Website - Car's I've owned

As of today, the 2015 is now at 50046km. I've place an ordered a brand new 2016, same package. I will take possession of it on January 15th, 2016. Can't wait.

Here are the extra accessories that I bought for the 2016, they will be installed by the dealer:

- Rally Armor Mud flaps, black with reg logo.
- Tinted windows.
- Windows rain deflector.
- JDM rear light.
- Hella horn supertone.
- Orbit intelligent remote starter.
- TAG localisation system.
- Clear bra.

I already have the Enkei wheel, with winter tires, on the 2015. The dealer will make the switch on the 2016 when I arrive. I will install the Raceseng blue translucent shift knob and the Weathertech FloorLiner myselft, just before taking the road to get back home. +/- 600km.

I will install the Fumoto quick engine oil drain valve on when I do the 1st oil change. I think I will do it at 2000km (+/-1242 miles). For the new oil, I will use using the blue Subaru oil filter with AMSOil Signature Series 5W-30. Then every 4, 5000km or every 3 month.

I'm careful with my things. I want to keep them for ever, so I take good care of them. I will be gentle with the break in.

This is it for now, next time it will be pictures of the new 2016, maybe with me at the dealer.

To be continued...

--
SomeOneQC
STi 2015, until I get my 2016.
SomeOne's Website - Subaru STI 2015 and 2016

Attachments

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Re: My love with Subaru.

Congrats and welcome! Why the switch from a 15 to a 16?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Congrats and welcome! Why the switch from a 15 to a 16?
Thanks. I didn't had time to complete my previous post, soon.

For the switch to the 2016, well... that is just me... impulsive buyer. I saw the 2015 on the internet. It was used (38000 km, today at 50010) and with the stickers. I arranged a test drive with the dealer, I went and I was blown away, so I bought it... BUT I was there! Onsite at the dealer! Which is at 500 km from my place. Spring 2016 there should be a dealer opening, closer, 100km from here. So I was there, but I never thought to ask for the price of a brand new 2016...

It only came into my mind after I was back home. I looked up on the internet and found out the difference, something like 3, 4000$. I was OK to pay that much to have a brand new car, zero something km on it, full warranty and that I will break in it myself.

Some people say that, "sometime you have to pay for your mistake" hehehe.

I'm going to do the exchange on January 15th! In exactly 2 weeks, can't wait to see it! :D

Thanks again.

--
SomeOneQC
STi 2015
Pictures: STi 2015 and 2016(to come)

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

It is done ! I got my STi 2016 !!

I took the road on january 14th, 500km later I was at Saint-Jérôme, QC, I slept there. The next morning I went to Lachute, 30 min from Saint-Jérôme, to meet Mathieu my seller and take possession of the car. The tech in the shop switch my rims (with winter tire on it) onto the new 2016.

I left Lachute around noon, arrived at my home at 18h00.

I'm really happy with the car, all the options were there.

I'm already at 600 km, doing the break in, I don't exceed 4000 RPM, engine break, gentle with it.

Vidéo and photos to come today.

--
SomeOneQC
STi 2016

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts

Nice. I almost wish we got snow here, I bet that's fun, but at the same time I probably wouldn't like how dirty my car would be.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Nice. I almost wish we got snow here, I bet that's fun, but at the same time I probably wouldn't like how dirty my car would be.
Thanks !

Indeed it is very fun, even if I'm still learning :)

Also true for dirty car, especially doing highway road when salt or sand are applied. The front and back bumpers get dirty. Other time, when it's just clean white snow on the road, the front and rear get fill, can't see lights or plate, but all white snow, no dirt.

Time to time, I get to a self service cleaning station, hot water, high pressure. Then I bring it back home in the heated garage. I'm thinking of getting an antirust traitement for my car. I heard that it isn't good for a car to have a heated garage.

Thanks again !

--
SomeOneQC
STi 2016

·
Premium Member
194 Posts

Awesome video and pictures from it. Are your enkei's 18x8.5? Congratulations on the new car! I hope you enjoy it and I am glad the winter storm didn't keep you from getting your baby!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Awesome video and pictures from it. Are your enkei's 18x8.5? Congratulations on the new car! I hope you enjoy it and I am glad the winter storm didn't keep you from getting your baby!
Thanks !

Right on target, they are Enkei's 18x8.5 RPF1.
Pictures

I really love it, it is the best car I ever drove so far. Driving is now extremely fun!

Thanks again.

Take care.

--
SomeOneQC
2016 STi

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

We're having a beautiful day today, sunny and not so cold, around -14C (7F).

So I finally decide to take some pictures. I 1st went to the self service car cleaning station.

Here they are:

This one is the best picture in the lot. IMO.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Also, love this one
Eight

Nine

Ten

Eleven

--
SomeOneQC
2016 STi
Photos

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

One thing that I'm not satisfied with, is the tinted windows. I asked for limit legal % in front, darker % on the rear and darker % again for the back window.

I asked for something like the other STi I had:
Photo

If you look at this next picture, in my opinion, it look like it have the same % front and rear...

Photo

The dealer told me that on their invoice it say 50% front, 35% rear and 20% back... Doesn't have the look of a 35% tinted...

I think I will pay for a photometer test and go on from there (if % is different from told) to see if the dealer his ready to pay for the removing of the rear tinted and the installation of the new one (darker) from a business in my hometown...

I hate to be so far away from the dealer.

--
SomeOneQC
2016 STi
Photos

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

So far so good !

So here’s what I did for the break in period on my way home from the dealer (at +500 km).
- I didn't exceed the 4K RPM, maybe reach 4.5.
- No hard acceleration, what so ever.
- Si Mode: (I)ntelligent.
- DCCD: Auto +
- Snowy road condition.
- I would, in straight line without anyone behind me, down shift let’s say from 5th gear to the 4th at a speed that wouldn't rev the engine above 4K RPM and from there let go of the gas until it reach 2, 2.5K RPM and then give a little gas and down shift again and let go of the gas, etc.
- Some boost, but not crazy.
- I didn't stop on my way home… If I get it right, the engine getting hot is no good? Hope that cold winter weather helps.
- Back home, now I drive it for work mostly, which is at 70km from my place. I do the same break in thing on the road when possible, if not I vary RPM.
- I also go out the night to continue the break in, so much fun to drive.
- Twice I went over 4K, but bellow 6...
- Around 500 km, before the 1600 target, I've switch to the Si Mode: Sport.

Today the car is now at 1719 km (1068 miles). I did go a little higher in the RPM today on my way back home from work, almost red line it. Tomorrow I’ll open it up a bit more.

Even though the manual says to do it at 6000 miles. I think I will do the 1st oil change at 2500 (+/-4000 km) and then at every 5000 km.

More to come.

--
SomeOneQC
2016 STi
Pictures here.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Nice car man! Maybe I missed it but are you running spacers on your rpf1's?
Thanks.

Nope no spacers, well, not that I know of... I bought the wheels and tires online, I've entered the year, model etc, of the car and choose the RPF1. I didn't buy any spacers.

Hope this help.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Little update.

!*($”! that I love my car.

March 4th, place an ordered at a local store for transmission and differentials oil, Motul gear 300 75w90.
Paid 28.53 CN$/ea liter. Bought 6. For what I found so far on the web, the transmission and front diff. use the same reservoir and require +/-4.5L. I’m still looking for the capacity of the rear diff.

Today, March 5th, I did the 1st oil and filter change. The car is now at 4448 km (2763.86 miles). I used AMSOIL Signature Series 5w30 Synthetic (paid 13.66 CN$/ea L) and a blue Subaru filter.

I did a video, it’s uploading now onto YouTube. I’ll post the link tomorrow.

Take care, ride safe.

--
SomeOneQC
Pictures Here

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Those wood stands are awesome!!!! I said to myself "no way right?" but they clearly can handle the weight.
Work well indeed. I also wasn't sure at 1st. I did some search on the internet for car stands and found some pictures of wood stands, so decide to give it a try.

Made of 2x4 of 20 inch long. The stands have 10 inch height. The only downside, they are heavy.

One day, maybe, I'll get Race Ramps 10" Cube, but for now the wood stands does the work.

You can also see them in this other video: https://youtu.be/eYFB4hJRbrk

Thanks !

1 - 20 of 78 Posts