IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions about the whole suspension.
1. What are the coilovers?
2. What are hardened strut mounts and do i need to purchase strut mounts to put on the bar?

·
Registered
347 Posts
1)coilovers are shocks(struts) that have an adjustable collar that the spring sits on so you can change the ride height of the car.
2)put on what bar? strut bar, right?
3)the springs/strut bar/sway bar combo you pick has nothing to do w/ horsepower, it has everything to do w/ how you want the car to feel while driving(how the car reacts to bumps, ride quality, cornering ability).

sounds like you should do some research on the this before you go and spend any money. search around on this and other forums, maybe find a book that describes handling dynamics, what effect a certain part will have on a car.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Might I recommend going to Amazon, or Barns and Noble and pick up a copy of these H.P. Books Publications: "How To Make Your Car Handle" by Fred Puhn, and "Race Car Engineering & Mechanics" by Paul Van Valkenburgh. Both are technical, but written for the layman. I picked up my copies back in high school.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Web_Foot_STi said:
Might I recommend going to Amazon, or Barns and Noble and pick up a copy of these H.P. Books Publications: "How To Make Your Car Handle" by Fred Puhn, and "Race Car Engineering & Mechanics" by Paul Van Valkenburgh. Both are technical, but written for the layman. I picked up my copies back in high school.
Thank you VERY much!
Sometimes we forget that real experts have dumped their brains into things called books...at least I did
I love the Keith Code books

·
Registered
347 Posts
My poor baby. :(

that book by paul v.v. is really good. i'll have to look at the other one. i have the keith code books, they make me want to do the school in a bad way!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts