IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm no guy with inside info or anyting and I might get flamed to he!! and back for this but here goes. These are just some ideas I had since I've read almost every post in existence about the STi I'm bored now :)

What is it: I'm imagining we are gonna get the UK version but "Watered down" or "moded" so it will pass emisions and crash tests. So whatever the UK gets, that's probably what we are gonna be getting.

When is it: Many people seem to agree that June-August is the release date. Many dealerships I've talked to have said March - June. If any of you have worked for a major corporation, you'll know that the #1 rule when dealing with customers is that you never promise anything to them that you can't provide. So I thing the "leaked" release dates are over estimated.
Mitsu is probably going to have the EVO out around Feb - March, NOT the 5x days they have the count down for. If you notice the counted there is a Stage in the corner, it says stage 1 and it's not a hyperlink. Therefore I believe the 5x days is stage 1, the count down to the unvieling of the EVO in detriot. Then stage 2 and stage 3 will have to be satisfied, stage 3 will probably when the car will be released. So if Subaru wants to really compeat with Mitsu in the US, which they do, they would be wise to keep the release of the STi within a 1-2 month period of the EVO. If they wait too long a lot of people might get fed up and say "Fine the EVO is here, I'm getting that instead, no more waiting."

How much: Again I think the leaked info that is in the car mags is over estimated. I don't think the STi will be more than $35 for a base model, I think it won't even be that much.

OK now I'm done. Of course everything I'm saying is meaningless until we all know the real info from Subaru. And Worm has been feeding us some great info, if you have any info that contradicts mine, feel free to shoot me down :)

Mike

Putting an order in this weekend on an STi, I can't wait. Good bye 93 talon!!!

S

·
0 Posts
STi Options

I think Subaru is going to exceed most of your expectations. If they exceed mine then the EVO sales will not fair very well against it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
scoobysaurusrex said:
..... So if Subaru wants to really compeat with Mitsu in the US, which they do, they would be wise to keep the release of the STi within a 1-2 month period of the EVO. If they wait too long a lot of people might get fed up and say "Fine the EVO is here, I'm getting that instead, no more waiting."
I agree. many people are chomping at the bit for "something" right now. Those less patient will likely grab whichever arrives first. But as some have said SOA will have no problem selling every STI shipped.

·
Registered
526 Posts
alfredob1 said:
Count me in as one of those willing to wait for the STi.
Same here, since 1999 I was waiting for the WRX, and since 2002 I've been waiting for the STi. I guess maybe since 1999 I've been waiting for the STi seeing as I don't have a Subaru yet.

The thing I'm worried about most is how many STi's they bring in. I got on a list a little late. Not being #1 worries me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts