IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is that when I reverse my STi i hear a clicking like plastic is breaking and then when i put it into first the same sound occurs does anybody have any ideas about this mysterious sound my opinion is it is the rear cv flange with a broken bolt i am going to take it in today though and see

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I've noticed several more clunks, clicks and noises from te STi driveline than in my WRX. Most of them I am attributing to the limited slip differentials which tend to be "noisy".

You are probably correct, if it concerns you take it in and have a trained STi tech review it.

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
I hear all kinds of funky noises coming from the drivetrain also. Nothing I am concerned about at all. Except for the weird vibration type noise I hear around 100. It goes away when you hit 110 :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
SILVERABQSTi said:
...my opinion is it is the rear cv flange with a broken bolt i am going to take it in today though and see
man, that's a pretty specific, detailed diagnosis, just from a sound. perhaps you know more about how this sound got there than you're letting on. {nudge, nudge} kidding.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Hmm.....all I get are the general heavy-duty sounding clunk and click when shifting around.....and that is a beautiful sound/feel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts