IW STi Forum banner

sold evo for sti- smartest thing i ever did

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  dcgray2 
#1 ·
i recently bought a blue/silver sti. sold my red evo. my reason for the move was simple, the sti is better, wait no, it;s the best. Hey like i always say, "u mess wit the best u die like the rest" :lol: anyway i did like my evo, but the sti just blew my mind, and the dealer i was working wit was (is) so people friendly, i felt they really cared about what i wanted and listened to what i had to say. compared to the evo dealer, i felt i was being pushed into buying the car. until mitsubishi gets their act together i will never buy a product from them. maybe they should stick to making tv's and appliances :D . I found the evo to be fast, but not very well made, i felt it was just thrown together, plus to many people told me it looked plain, like a honda wit a wing. kinda made me :roll:

comparing the two cars, i can say the sti is much nicer to look at, the interior is so well layed out, ok, i don't know why people are complaining about the sti seats, they are soo sweet, i prefer them to the recaro's. The sti seats fit perfectly in the interior, the fit and finish of the car is top notch. I thought i woulden't like the wing, but in person it looks soo good, same goes for the rest of the car. I will suggest the car to everyone considering a sports car/sedan. I also like the radio delete, it's a great idea because a aftermarket system would have been put in anyways. comparing the handling, i don't see that big of a difference, all of the reaons i bought the evo, i have changed my mind on, and believe the sti is a much greater car. The evo was good for one thing, go fast around a track, i mean not fast, but faster then the sti by .1 seconds :eek:
I could have kept my evo, but did not want it because i knew it would just sit there, 8) at first i diden't like the looks of the sti, but the more and more i saw it it drew me in. anyway my hands are tired of typing and i wanna go drive.

my only complaint is: what's the deal wit one cup holder?

can't wait until the mods start

See less See more
#7 ·
I found the Mitsu dealers *AT the same dealership* the same way. The average buyer of a mitsu is 25 and all the dealers are largely under 25 year old kids jacked up on crack. They think a 30 year old professional person like myself expects to be treaded like a buddy they go clubbing with. Very high stress and they are amped up. I traded in a 2002 Acura and I’m there to spend $30K plus, I want a luxury treatment. I want them to bring me a bottled water and act professional, not talk about going out the night before and getting laid.

#8 ·
i was on that fourm and as far as i know, i have only heard of one, y2ks2k, i know what u mean, i felt the subaru people really know how to talk to people without being too pushy, not that they needed to be, i was practically drooling. When i walked into the evo place, the sales rep had no idea which car i was talking about (before the release) and tried to sell me a oz lancer, aka crap on wheels. I had to talk to the manager to put down my deposit and when the car arrived they coulden't wait for me to just take it, felt like i was being pushed out the door, i mean seriously, even the civic si i bought in 2000, i got more respect, but anyway, i don't care anymore i have the car i really liked, and not wit the car i thought i liked

#9 ·
Re: $2900 under MSRP

sti-rule said:
my only complaint is: what's the deal wit one cup holder?
Nice choice. :)

BTW, the STi in fact has tow cup holders.

The first is silver and mounted in the dash just above where the radio would be. It pulls out from the dash.

The second is molded into the center console where the parking brake is located just forward of the storage bin/armrest. It's handy for small and medium sized cups as well as those big ass cups from 'Baja Fresh'. :p

Happy motoring and welcome back from the Dark Side.

- Janq

#12 ·
White/ Gold in Atlanta!

I made the same choice (in a round about way). My local dealer is a Subaru and Mitsu dealer. They were VERY accomodating, and arranged to have both cars available for me to test drive. I spent the better part of the afternoon flogging both, and drove away wioth an STi.

#13 ·
Am I Stupid???

toyworx said:
I made the same choice (in a round about way). My local dealer is a Subaru and Mitsu dealer. They were VERY accomodating, and arranged to have both cars available for me to test drive. I spent the better part of the afternoon flogging both, and drove away wioth an STi.
Why did you pick STI? Just curious.

#14 ·
xdeathlessonesxx said:
OMG do you guys actually take food/drink in that beautiful blue interior?
lol thats what i was thinking. NO ONE eats in my car... I have the occasional hash browns or something, but anything that can cause a mess, NO WAY. As for drinks... unless its got a sealable cap... nada.

Robert~

#18 ·
Who owns their STi outright?

I dunno...

It's a car. An absolutely awesome car, but in the end just a car.

It's also my only wheels and I spend a LOT of time in it... 18 hours in three days last week.

I eat and drink in mine. The plastic trim seems to clean up well. I clean it a lot... More than any other car I've owned... Damned wheels are a weekly chore now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.